Regular Contributor

Not really won per se - I'm paying for the item, but one of the gold gem trees by valerie just became available and i grabbed it. Wish it was still 4 easy pays, but I think it would look great in my foyer near this lamp I have on a table:

e8c7e1c75ffd3dc1274542a3853014a5.jpg

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on your find!

I really like that lamp! Where did you get it?

Regular Contributor

It's from Pier 1. I got it about a year and a half ago but I think they still have it.

Esteemed Contributor

@J9, I think they'll look great together.  Glad you got a tree!

Valued Contributor

@J9

Wow, your lamp is a great coordinate to the tree! Lucky you! It will be very pretty. Those owls beside the lamp look very similar to parts of the tree. Enjoy your find!

Honored Contributor

Re: Yay! I won!

[ Edited ]

@J9  Congrats! Those will pair perfectly together! Enjoy your new treasure Smiley Happy

Personally, I have found pieces like that are a pain to clean/dust. I know it takes more than  just swiping a duster over those type of pieces because over time a film develops on them and most times washing by hand is required to get the sparkle back. I'm sure probably a damp washcloth might work well inbetween the major cleanings though...but still a lot of work.

I'm not afraid of dusting and keep our home clean, but some things are easier to clean than others. We have 300+ pieces of artglass I clean every January and August...

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@J9  Congrats! Those will pair perfectly together! Enjoy your new treasure Smiley Happy

Personally, I have found pieces like that are a pain to clean/dust. I know it takes more than  just swiping a duster over those type of pieces because over time a film develops on them and most times washing by hand is required to get the sparkle back. I'm sure probably a damp washcloth might work well inbetween the major cleanings though...but still a lot of work.

I'm not afraid of dusting and keep our home clean, but some things are easier to clean than others. We have 300+ pieces of artglass I clean every January and August...

@Susan Louise  I have a bottle of crystal cleaner that is just sprayed on and left to drip off, onto newspaper or towels, easy peasy. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Yay! I won!

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Susan Louise  I have a bottle of crystal cleaner that is just sprayed on and left to drip off, onto newspaper or towels, easy peasy. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  I'm just old-school and prefer to wash everything by hand.. I think part of it is my life long ingrained perfectionism which usually kicks in.

As for that lamp and the gem tree...that might be easy for the side that faces out, but it would be interesting how to do the inside that way Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl  I'm just old-school and prefer to wash everything by hand.. I think part of it is my life long ingrained perfectionism which usually kicks in.

As for that lamp and the gem tree...that might be easy for the side that faces out, but it would be interesting how to do the inside that way Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  I am a perfectionist also, and no one could get the crystals cleaner than this product.  For the inside, I do have to hand do it.  I have several crystal chandeliers and it was so much more difficult to clean until I discovered this product.

Regular Contributor

I've never heard of crystal cleaner. What's it called? It works on plastic too? (Lamp and tree are both acrylic)