Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, the lamp shade was damaged in our last move, even with it packed in a separate box and marked lamp shade. So thankful though, the goose survived because it's a favoriteHeartpiece of mine as well. 

I so wish Valerie would offer more things similar to this again. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Yankee Candles...

[ Edited ]

@LIG1 wrote:

@Susan Louise, the lamp shade was damaged in our last move, even with it packed in a separate box and marked lamp shade. So thankful though, the goose survived because it's a favoriteHeartpiece of mine as well. 

I so wish Valerie would offer more things similar to this again. 

@LIG1  You keep calling it a Goose, but it was sold as a Swan lamp. Smiley Happy

Valerie continues to sell Swan items...

I posted several pics of some of them in another thread (post #10)...link below

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Kringle-Express-why/td-p/7044153

Here's a youtube video of one of them from 2019...I have these Swans. I remove all the bows they come with...LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N9Apq51u1Y

Honored Contributor

I love the Yankee Candle Fall scents. My favorites are Apple Cider and Pumpkin Pie though I enjoy and own quite a few others. It's always great to catch them on sale. I'm pretty stocked up right now. Enjoy your candles!

Honored Contributor

I used to be an exclusive Yankee candle buyer, but not so much anymore. They haven't been the same since they sold out many years ago. The Yankee founder's son started Kringle Candle and those scents are great, and I buy some of them. I buy a few HomeWorx as well, and I did like Swan Creek too, and have some of those. 

I find myself buying and burning fewer and fewer candles. There isn't a single brand that doesn't produce some level of soot, some just more so than others. We have done a lot of remodeling and painting, and I don't want the soot on the ceilings and walls, so I just burn on the kitchen stove (smoke goes mostly into the range hood) these days, when I do burn. I've found myself becoming more and more sensitive to fragrances as well as they years pass, so even when I do burn, I usually don't for very long a time. 

I do miss burning real candles more often, but it is what it is, I guess!

Honored Contributor

Update:

We just received our candles (listed in the OP)...

VERY happy! llls0251.gif

No melting in the box...everything was packed perfectly with extra care. The 2 new scents - 'New England Maple' and 'Whipped Pumpkin Spice' are absolutely divine. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

i only burn bath and body works 3 wick candles. they are expensive, so i only get them when they have big sales. right now i have at least 20 of them. love almost all of the scents, i burn them all yr. round. i tried almost all of the other types of candles, and always  went back to b&b works. i have a candle addiction. lol.. i went to big lots yesterday and i was looking at all of there candles they have also.

Contributor

Our Yankee Candle store finally closed. I can't find the scents I want anywhere. Most of the ones carried at other stores are not authorized retailers so they don't carry the full line. I order online from Yankee now, but it is tricky in the hot summer months. I had to haul an enire box of 6 candles back to the Yankee Store when it was open and was in another nearby town. The UPS guy left the box upside down on my front porch and it was a disaster. I usually buy 6 at a time when they are B3G3.

Home Sweet Home (favorite by far as it has strongest scent)

Harvest

Pumpkin Spice

Macintosh ( I usually keep an extra one of these and a French Vanilla on hand for hostess gifts). 

Contributor

Our BBB closed as well as our Yankee store. 

Contributor

Wish Yankeee would bring back the Buttercream scented one. It was my DD's favorite, so I always gave her one with the bday cake I made with the buttercream frosting she liked. Tried the Goosecreake one but didn't like the wicks.

Valued Contributor

I used to be a manager for a Yankee Candle store for 3 years. I also participated in being a Mixologist. I used to adore YC. Slowly I saw the prices go up and the wax formula disintegrated. So much excess soot caused me to develop asthma. I can't burn YC anymore. I prefer soy based candles. BBW's/Slatkin seems to be great, burn cleaner and have great throw. Occasionally I burn YC Tea Light or wax melts. I'm looking forward to getting the fall scent candles from BBW/Slatkin candles! 🍁🎃