Esteemed Contributor

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

I love those nutcrackers too. Both are gorgeous to me. But I went with the traditional colored one. But I know that gold one will look great too. Smiley Happy

I hope we both love ours when we get them!  

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@I wasn't even going to watch the show was going to just tune in @ 9:00 for valerie.  Those nutcrackers caught my eye though, broke down and had to get the silver/gold , would love it near my white flocked tree .  I am not even a nut cracker collector .  I think it's the size that got me. Nothing else has tempted me though.  Anyone bought something from the show so far?  Jill is doing her typical umm's.  I guess that will never stop , not annoying me as much as it used to .  I think because I don't watch her often,  but have to wTch the christmas dhows which are my weakness lol

The nutcracker is fantabulous!  I'm sure it'll look beautiful next to your flocked Christmas tree.  Gotta say, JB and Jaime (iT) are the "umm girls", Jaime being the front runner though.  I think it's becomes habit very easily and quickly...maybe it's a case of the brain working too fast for the mouth to respond:~D

The umm's do get old after years,  I'm just surprised she dosent notice it or that a loved one doesn't just point it out to her .  I sure would want to know if I was on doing that constantly.  It sure gets on my nerves.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I only caught bits and pieces of YHWJ, and then watched Valerie's last show.  I thought the trumpeting angels had such a lovely shape.   

In case anyone didn't catch it, Jill said that she will be having a series of holiday shows on Friday nights starting in October.  I remember reading many suggestions for Alberti to have a decorating show in that time slot.

@SHOPR  Yes, I was so disappointed when she said she would be doing the Friday night shows.  It was like someone threw a bucket of ice water on me.  LOL I just can't help it, can't deal with it.  Tell us the name of the show in the beginning and I think I can remember what I'm watching. I'm not senile,...yet.  Smiley Happy

Jill will never go away.  She shrewdly made connections with Valerie and LR's vendors, so now she is basically both a host and a product representative. We'll never see Alberti presenting these type of products, because Jill is doing the footwork, and she wants all the glory.  Jill (along with Valerie) has the monopoly on home decor from design to presentation, so we're stuck with her.  The fact that the items she presents are selling out proves to the network that she is an asset, so they probably don't care if she is disliked by the viewers.  

Exactly.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I only caught bits and pieces of YHWJ, and then watched Valerie's last show.  I thought the trumpeting angels had such a lovely shape.   

In case anyone didn't catch it, Jill said that she will be having a series of holiday shows on Friday nights starting in October.  I remember reading many suggestions for Alberti to have a decorating show in that time slot.

@SHOPR  Yes, I was so disappointed when she said she would be doing the Friday night shows.  It was like someone threw a bucket of ice water on me.  LOL I just can't help it, can't deal with it.  Tell us the name of the show in the beginning and I think I can remember what I'm watching. I'm not senile,...yet.  Smiley Happy

Jill will never go away.  She shrewdly made connections with Valerie and LR's vendors, so now she is basically both a host and a product representative. We'll never see Alberti presenting these type of products, because Jill is doing the footwork, and she wants all the glory.  Jill (along with Valerie) has the monopoly on home decor from design to presentation, so we're stuck with her.  The fact that the items she presents are selling out proves to the network that she is an asset, so they probably don't care if she is disliked by the viewers.  

I agree that Jill isn't going away. And while not my favorite host, I wonder if many remember just how much she has changed. She is a much more personable and warm host than back in the day before she married. I think family life brought a whole new understanding and 'softness' to her over the years. Maybe some here don't remember those earlier days, but it was quite different.

And as for Alberti, I think if viewers pressure enough, he will be right where we want him to be, in the home decor department with his own show and possibly helping develop products like some of the more long term hosts. We just can't give up on that. He's too good for us not to keep fighting for his style and presence on these shows.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@RazorSharp  I'm afraid that you are right.  I had to turn her off last night as if I heard 'Holidays with JB' one more time I would scream like a crazy woman.  I can only hope Valerie will have a different host on her next show. 

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Julie928 wrote:

I'm watching the show and am kind of disappointed they are showing the TSV again.  I haven't bought anything from the show but I've done plenty of damage with some of the other shows.  Congrats on your new nutcracker!  I'm sure it will be beautiful!  Looking forward to seeing what Valerie will offer next hour  :-)

Thanks!  And I'm looking forward to Valerie's show too!   Love her soothing voice !

@Kitty Galore  That is IF Jill allows Valerie to talk.....Jill has a way of sometimes taking over a show---maybe with Jill's having to do her show first and do all the talking for that one, will mellow her out a bit so we can listen to Valerie! 

Guess that didn't happen lol

@Kitty Galore  No, Kitty, it didn't happen but it was a good thought.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

@missxmas wrote:

@kittygalore  I ordered and received the Nutcracker- love it.  The box is big and it is messy getting him out but pretty easy to put together.  I got the traditional color one.  I want to put him outside but as I was listening to the wind last night, I had visions of him running down the block to my neighbors!!!  I live in San Francisco and it is cold today.  i love the gold and silver too.

The nutcracker is adorable, but I can't afford it.  About putting it outside.....I would be afraid someone would steal it.Man Sad

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed watching Jill and Valerie. I just wish the TSV would have sold out so that they would not have had to present it. Waste of precious time.

Esteemed Contributor

It seemed to me things were selling out before I could get a good look at them

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I enjoyed watching Jill and Valerie. I just wish the TSV would have sold out so that they would not have had to present it. Waste of precious time.

Agreed.

I've seen them shut off the TSV presentations with a lot more product left than what they had last night. They pushed right  up into the 11 o'clock hour trying to clear those candles out. 

Almost all sizes and colors available again this morning, after 'selling out' of most last night. Must have been a lot of cancellations.