Super Contributor

Re: Would you decorate with both white and multi lights?

My mom has done both on her tree and I think its beautiful! I myself like one or the other and I do like both, but together I think they look very nice!

Super Contributor

Use 'em both! Make some hot chocolate and cookies (or whatever age appropriate snacks and beverages the family enjoys) and spend an evening planning which lights go where, then have fun the next day decorating and taking photos of what you, as a family, have created. Most of all have fun, make memories and maybe even start a new tradition!

Hugs . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

One color.  Use the other ones somewhere else. 

Honored Contributor

You are right - one or the other, but don't mix.  I don't even like when they mix traditional multi with new LED multi.

Honored Contributor

I've seen them mixed in the past, but never in a way that looks good to me. 

White is elegant and refined. The multi are fun and merry. The two mixed are just a hot mess, in my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes yes yes... I love that look especially if the white lights twinkle.  I do both for my tree too.

Honored Contributor

Some people are answering as if this is for her indoor tree.

She is asking about outdoor lighting for shrubbery.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Thank you all for the input. I think I'm open to a compromise if the house is outlined in white and multi goes on the shrubbery. Totally agree that a person shouldn't mix LED lights with traditional lights.

Honored Contributor

We always go to see all the special neighborhoods done in Christmas lights.....These folks go all out but they are tastefully done.  If you go with a mixture it can be done, but it has to be carefully planned out and coordinated............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt, I'm not sure how tasteful it will be, but I'll give it a shot. Hey, where is your weekend tribute to those great Saturday and Sunday shows? I was looking for some patriotic pets and couldn't find a thread.