Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about mold on my logs!

@Susan Louise  I realize you weren't addressing me, lol.

Poorly painted items or something that is nicked or chipped is one thing.

Receiving what I consider a health hazard is something altogether different. Gag me!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl 

I forgot to mention that a few hours ago I got a call from QVC Corp and really just vented about getting 3 moldy decor pieces...that it's shameful there was no QC in China or here in the US and that I also feel sorry for those on the receiving end of getting them in returns and they should be wearing masks!

The Q in QVC is meant for quality and someone is sleeping on the job!

I wound up with getting FREE S&H for my next QVC purchase...better than nothing. 

I encourage you or anyone else who got one of the moldy pieces to call CS and to ask to speak with Corp. They need more than one person giving them the time of day...so to speak!!!

Honored Contributor

QVC seems to store merchandise for years at a time.  Just think of some of our favorite clothing items that return but are never new, year after year like the SG road kill coat.  If an item is organic like wood, cotton or leather it's subject to molding if kept in a damp warehouse. 

They need to be more aggressive about having decent sales and getting rid of it while it's still salable.  It's a false economy to hold onto it until it stinks and must be destroyed.  QVC is a hoarder. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

You said it sister.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

QVC seems to store merchandise for years at a time.  Just think of some of our favorite clothing items that return but are never new, year after year like the SG road kill coat.  If an item is organic like wood, cotton or leather it's subject to molding if kept in a damp warehouse. 

They need to be more aggressive about having decent sales and getting rid of it while it's still salable.  It's a false economy to hold onto it until it stinks and must be destroyed.  QVC is a hoarder. 

@Kachina624 This was a brand new item from Valerie and came by container cargo from China on a ship. These containers sit at the dock for weeks on end. Depending on the port they came in on like NYC or Baltimore the weather has been super humid and hot and many storms and rain these past few months. Something like a real wood log would start to grow mold in a container. This isn't products sitting in a QVC warehouse ( btw are climate controlled as I toured one in the past).

IMO QVC should recall this entire lot of this product. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl 

I forgot to mention that a few hours ago I got a call from QVC Corp and really just vented about getting 3 moldy decor pieces...that it's shameful there was no QC in China or here in the US and that I also feel sorry for those on the receiving end of getting them in returns and they should be wearing masks!

I wound up with getting FREE S&H for my next QVC purchase...better than nothing. 

I encourage you or anyone else who got one of the moldy pieces to call CS and to ask to speak with Corp. They need more than one person giving them the time of day...so to speak!!!

@Susan Louise- free shipping and handling on your next order for your time and inconvenience having to repack, drive to the post office and return a mold filled item (x2)?????  Wow... just wow...

I agree with another poster above me.  They should recall all of them.  They really should.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl 

@Susan Louise- free shipping and handling on your next order for your time and inconvenience having to repack, drive to the post office and return a mold filled item (x2)?????  Wow... just wow...

I agree with another poster above me.  They should recall all of them.  They really should.

@gidgetgh  For me it's (x3)!  I totally agree...it's shameful! I really hope others will call CS and ask to have Corp call them. One person (myself) is not going to make a difference.

I do remember QVC recalling one decor item...a set of  3 VPH glass (not MG) pumpkins about 10 years ago. During one or more presentations for (at the time, the TSV) Valerie and/or one of the hosts had suggested one of the ways using them was to use a real candle on the inside. Well, there were folks who did and the heat made them break - burst from the heat so it was dangerous. 

I had common sense enough not to use the glass pumpkins that way. 

Honored Contributor

This is unrelated to the pip log - the intense heat and humidity that's going on right now in the country is exactly why I am holding off on about 6 candle impression items I have on my wishlist.

There was a review for a new CI piece where the viewer said the outside part of the candle didn't melt, but the scene inside the candle came detached because the wax melted a little.  The viewer was able to rectify the situation but still.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

@BabyYoda  I agree! It is just MADDENING there is no QC at all...either in China or here before the inventory is sold!

@Susan Louise

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with those logs and this is also a definite health hazard for sure!!!!  You constantly hear vendors talk about QVC's strict quality standards ---  then you can see in your picture an issue like this and it just makes me shake my head.....so many products with quality issues and QVC keeps raising their prices to boot........it makes you wonder if they really want to stay in business!!!  

I hope QVC does call you and offers you something more than just return shipment reimbursement! 

@Spurt  and @mousiegirl  

Here's the update...Since I was offered FREE S&H on my next order for my receiving the moldy decor, I ordered 2 of the metallic beaded trees today (H209570) saved 2 x $5.50 = $11...

I feel better now. It's still quite shocking that this happened in the 1st place...SMH

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

@BabyYoda  I agree! It is just MADDENING there is no QC at all...either in China or here before the inventory is sold!

@Susan Louise

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with those logs and this is also a definite health hazard for sure!!!!  You constantly hear vendors talk about QVC's strict quality standards ---  then you can see in your picture an issue like this and it just makes me shake my head.....so many products with quality issues and QVC keeps raising their prices to boot........it makes you wonder if they really want to stay in business!!!  

I hope QVC does call you and offers you something more than just return shipment reimbursement! 

@Spurt  and @mousiegirl  

Here's the update...Since I was offered FREE S&H on my next order for my receiving the moldy decor, I ordered 2 of the metallic beaded trees today (H209570) saved 2 x $5.50 = $11...

I feel better now. It's still quite shocking that this happened in the 1st place...SMH

@Susan Louise  Well thats good news that at least you got free S&H!!!  Woman Very Happy   Personally since it was a health issue for you if it was me I would have at least given you a $20 QVC gift card! .......butI guess it's easy to give someone else's money away....  Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”