Honored Contributor

Re: Worried about mold on my logs!

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

@BabyYoda  I agree! It is just MADDENING there is no QC at all...either in China or here before the inventory is sold!

@Susan Louise

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with those logs and this is also a definite health hazard for sure!!!!  You constantly hear vendors talk about QVC's strict quality standards ---  then you can see in your picture an issue like this and it just makes me shake my head.....so many products with quality issues and QVC keeps raising their prices to boot........it makes you wonder if they really want to stay in business!!!  

I hope QVC does call you and offers you something more than just return shipment reimbursement! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

@BabyYoda  I agree! It is just MADDENING there is no QC at all...either in China or here before the inventory is sold!

@Susan Louise

I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience with those logs and this is also a definite health hazard for sure!!!!  You constantly hear vendors talk about QVC's strict quality standards ---  then you can see in your picture an issue like this and it just makes me shake my head.....so many products with quality issues and QVC keeps raising their prices to boot........it makes you wonder if they really want to stay in business!!!  

I hope QVC does call you and offers you something more than just return shipment reimbursement! 

@Spurt  Thanks Spurt Smiley Happy  As for QVC, I seriously doubt I'll get anything in addition to the 'regular' FREE S&H for a defective product. I do know it's shameful though...so much for those 'strict quality standards'!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

OMG just checked this thread.  That is disgusting that you received something moldy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  I have joined the club of recipients of moldy pip berry logs.  I opened one and it was moldy, not as bad as yours, but part of it was also coming away from the log.  I didn't open the second, box was bashed in, as I decided that it had to be moldy also, and even if it weren't, it is a faulty product and did not want to keep it and risk mold in the future due to moisture in the air, so am returning both.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Oh no not another fungus amongus.  This just makes my skin crawl for anyone who receives a moldy Christmas decoration.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Susan Louise  I have joined the club of recipients of moldy pip berry logs.  I opened one and it was moldy, not as bad as yours, but part of it was also coming away from the log.  I didn't open the second, box was bashed in, as I decided that it had to be moldy also, and even if it weren't, it is a faulty product and did not want to keep it and risk mold in the future due to moisture in the air, so am returning both.

@mousiegirl, good gawd, how did I get one in such pristine condition?  No odor when I opened the box, not one inkling of any mold sign anywhere, & believe me, I checked.  I am currently googling how to preserve natural wood, I love this Pip tree & I am trying to find any/all solutions to be able to keep this, it is that awesome.  I

IMG_0090.JPG

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop

Luck of the draw.  I'm happy to read that not everyone received a log with active organisms on it, lol.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop  You could spray it with some clear, matte finish polyurethane.  That will preserve it and prevent any absorption of moisture. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl  I don't know about you, but I really am annoyed by this issue...still am even though I returned them already. It's one thing to receive a broken or poor quality item, but something moldy?!

I feel the same as those who keep eating at the Chipole restaurants and getting sick! No quality control whatsoever.

A few others mentioned moldy products have happened before through QVC...so they didn't learn any lessons or make improvements toward preventative measures?

SMH

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BornToShop  You could spray it with some clear, matte finish polyurethane.  That will preserve it and prevent any absorption of moisture. 

@Kachina624  Too bad something like that wasn't done originally.