Respected Contributor

Re: Worried about mold on my logs!

Mold on the new Valerie lighted berry tree log? Oh my. I guess they were sitting in the container too long at the shipping yard with all that rain we got this season. Bummer. I have received a item last year full of mold inside the box but my item was wrapped well in plastic and was fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, Well your title choice really got my attention! LOL

Cat LOLMan LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOLCat LOL

I tried googling the item number and I can only pull up a cached page dated July 15, and I cannot see any reviews on that cached page. 

They made that problem item disappear fast!  LOL

If it's anything like other past items with similar issues, hopefully it will be isolated.  Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting on your logs. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise, Well your title choice really got my attention! LOL

Cat LOLMan LOLSmiley LOLWoman LOLCat LOL

I tried googling the item number and I can only pull up a cached page dated July 15, and I cannot see any reviews on that cached page. 

They made that problem item disappear fast!  LOL

If it's anything like other past items with similar issues, hopefully it will be isolated.  Fingers crossed for all of you still waiting on your logs. 

@SHOPR  LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR@BabyYoda@mousiegirl@Mominohio@Marsha2003

Well, I got MOLDY logs!!!...and mind you...ALL 3 of them!!!  booo.gif

As soon as I opened the 1st box I started having a sneezing fit and the room started to smell like a old damp basement. I also didn't even touch the bubble wrap. I had to check the other 2 real fast. Thankfully I only had to remove the small end cap of styrofoam to see and then closed up the boxes with tape.

They are now all in my car ready to go back to QVC.

Not having 2 lungs anymore, coming across this kind of stuff is not good! I washed my hands thoroughly too when I was finished and will have to do the same after the drop off...

I called QVC about it to make sure I get my refund for shipping. Of coarse I mark defective on the return label/form, but sometimes the warehouse worker doesn't refund the S&H charges and wanted to make sure this info was in the system.

The rep I spoke with also told me that someone from the corp office will be giving me a call too.

The swans I got are good...4 of 5 stars. I will be doing a bit of a touch up job on the paint around the eyes/beak, but pleased otherwise.

And the metal snowflake holders I give a 4 of 5 stars too. They are nice...just for what you get they are overpriced...maybe worth $19-25...not almost $35!  newrant.gif

Here's a pic of one of the moldy logs...

P3900421.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise, Oh no, sorry to hear that your logs are moldy, too. 

Smart thinking to keep that stuff out of your breathing space as much as possible. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR  I just edited my post...forgot to add the pic, so look at that post again Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Eww Gross!!!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Well, now I know what to expect when I receive mine, I will let you know.

Respected Contributor

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

Oh my! @Susan Louise  You can clearly see the mold! And you got all 3 like that! This is just terrible. I hope the President's office makes this up to you and I don't mean by refunding the shipping back either. This is a serious health matter! 

@BabyYoda  I agree! It is just MADDENING there is no QC at all...either in China or here before the inventory is sold!