Honored Contributor

Re: Woohoo!! Out for delivery!

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo  I received the tall hurricanes, among a ton of other things, and they are really nice.  I have the green on my kitchen table now in my summer display, and the green will be good at Christmas also.

My first broken zulily item arrived today, so will be sending a picture for a refund.

@mousiegirl  I hate to receive broken items.  You spoke too soon, didn't you?  They are good to refund if  you send proof of damage.

I got a QVC item this week that is broken and packed to return.  I need to track my squirrel as it should come soon.  Hopefully a sissal piece wont be broken.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ChiliPepper  Years ago, I hid a small picture under the front seat of the car.  When I got home, DH said he was going to wash my car, and I completely forgot about the picture.  Later, he came upstairs carrying it, lol, so I just told him that he complained about everything I buy, so I hid it.

It's a funny thing, but whenever DH came shopping with me, very rare, he never complained about anything I said I wanted to buy, but at any other time, he did, weird.

@mousiegirl  Today DH has paid for everything, gas, food, etc.  But I haven't bought any 'decor'.  I did find a pair of pants and a top but I did pay for them.

Oh, today I went into Goodwill looking for grapevine wreaths and I saw one of Valerie's MG hurricanes.  The big diam. ones that both you and I have.  You have the orange, I think.  Anyway, it was the silver one and it appeared someone had washed it and the only silver MG look left was in the cracks of the design. $3.  I passed.

@lucymo  Years ago, I received a red one and somehow it had gotten wet, the plastic was red, and much of the mercury paint was off, what a mess, so back it went.

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo  I received the tall hurricanes, among a ton of other things, and they are really nice.  I have the green on my kitchen table now in my summer display, and the green will be good at Christmas also.

My first broken zulily item arrived today, so will be sending a picture for a refund.

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

This one???

h211921.jpg

I'm really liking this, I keep thinking of it - the green, brown & of course the red one too. 

I have a couple of the clear ones from a few years ago. They're smaller I think.

I'm really liking the colors though.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................

I don't need to eat next week do I? Could always stand to loose a few pounds!

@ChiliPepper  Yes, I bought two green, one red, and one blue, all very pretty and big.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love this thread! Yes I can relate lol. Always get the "where are you going to put that" lol. "Oh you let me worry about that" is always my reply. LOL  But yes I have hiden things in the trunk and wait until he is not around to take it out and test where the item will look good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Then pack it away until the right season arrives for its use. 

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

This one???

h211921.jpg

I'm really liking this, I keep thinking of it - the green, brown & of course the red one too. 

I have a couple of the clear ones from a few years ago. They're smaller I think.

I'm really liking the colors though.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................

I don't need to eat next week do I? Could always stand to loose a few pounds!

@ChiliPepper  There were two sizes of the clear ones.  I gave the large ones as gifts with bottom filled with wrapped candy and a candle for the shelf.  I still have a small one.  It's 8 1/2" tall.  I'm not sure if I got both sizes at QVC or not.  I received the green hurricane today and it is beautiful.  I also like the chocolate but I have a pair of Valerie's hurricanes in chocolate so decided to get the green. 

Sadly,  hunger is a painful way to pay for a shopping habit or for that matter, to lose a few pounds. LOL  Turn UP the AC and fan yourself, that will give you some shopping dollars.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ChiliPepper  Years ago, I hid a small picture under the front seat of the car.  When I got home, DH said he was going to wash my car, and I completely forgot about the picture.  Later, he came upstairs carrying it, lol, so I just told him that he complained about everything I buy, so I hid it.

It's a funny thing, but whenever DH came shopping with me, very rare, he never complained about anything I said I wanted to buy, but at any other time, he did, weird.

@mousiegirl  Today DH has paid for everything, gas, food, etc.  But I haven't bought any 'decor'.  I did find a pair of pants and a top but I did pay for them.

Oh, today I went into Goodwill looking for grapevine wreaths and I saw one of Valerie's MG hurricanes.  The big diam. ones that both you and I have.  You have the orange, I think.  Anyway, it was the silver one and it appeared someone had washed it and the only silver MG look left was in the cracks of the design. $3.  I passed.

@lucymo  Years ago, I received a red one and somehow it had gotten wet, the plastic was red, and much of the mercury paint was off, what a mess, so bck it went.

@mousiegirl  They keep saying we can put water in them and use as a vase.  Maybe that was the Amber one with the lid.  I cancelled my order for that one. That must mean the paint is only on the outside of these.  I have the MG lamps and I was dusting with a damp cloth and wiped the paint right off the inside of the shade so it was painted inside.

Honored Contributor

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

Love this thread! Yes I can relate lol. Always get the "where are you going to put that" lol. "Oh you let me worry about that" is always my reply. LOL  But yes I have hiden things in the trunk and wait until he is not around to take it out and test where the item will look good. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Then pack it away until the right season arrives for its use. 

@ILUVChristmas The old 'where are you going to put that' is so annoying.  Like I always know right off.  I sometimes put an item in several places before I decide where I think it looks best.  I got the green hurricane with the candle tray today and all DH asked was 'what's in the package'?  Things are looking up.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

@ILUVChristmas The old 'where are you going to put that' is so annoying.  Like I always know right off.  I sometimes put an item in several places before I decide where I think it looks best.  I got the green hurricane with the candle tray today and all DH asked was 'what's in the package'?  Things are looking up.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Right now, I have candles in the two green hurricanes, and think I like that look.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

@lucymo  Right now, I have candles in the two green hurricanes, and think I like that look.

@mousiegirl  I'm wondering what if I put a light string in the bottom and candle on the shelf.  I haven't tried that yet.  Your thoughts?  Too much.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@ILUVChristmas wrote:

@mousiegirl  I'm wondering what if I put a light string in the bottom and candle on the shelf.  I haven't tried that yet.  Your thoughts?  Too much.

@lucymo  I just tried it, could work, could be too much,  everything is in the eye of the beholder.Smiley Happy  Let me know what you think after you try it.