Respected Contributor

Re: Woohoo!! Out for delivery!

@MickD wrote:

@crazycockermom. Maybe I need to supply my husband with a margarita or two before he hits the mailbox.  I got busted today as he got there before me and said - this has got to stop.  I have some more stuff coming in.....better put on my running shoes!

I hate when that happens.  Yes, give him margaritas.  Lots and lots of margaritas.  

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise and @Snicks1 and whoever else I missed (sorry gotta get to bed!)

Thanks for reading and understanding!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

Last Monday I had 17 boxes show up. Of course Monday and Friday  is the day the UPS man always comes around 8 pm. Thankfully hubby was busy doing something in the backyard and didn't see me and the UPS man running across the front yard trying to get the boxes in the house quickly. I told the UPS guy to get the truck out of my driveway ASAP.

The hubby and I keep our money separate but he is a saver and obviously I am notSmiley Happy

So funny @ChrissyKR I can relate. I was imagining how that looked with you running back and forth to get those packages into the house asap. I was supposed to get my CIJ items by UPS to USPS and they come late when DH is always home. They all happen to come to the UPS warehouse and my regular UPS man knows me well so he took them all with him instead of forwarding them onto USPS and came first thing in the morning knowing my husband would not be home. We had a good laugh about it as he carried all the boxes into my house. 

Wow!   What a great UPS guy you have.  This time last year I had a UPS guy that dropped my packages at the front door resulting in breakages.  After I complained, my packages would sit on his truck "out for delivery" all day.  Then about 7 pm I'd get a notice that the customer wasn't home for delivery or requested delivery for another day and I'd have to go get my packages.  He did this numerous times.  Jerk.  I finally got a new guy. Yours sounds like a gem!

@crazycockermom  I could write a huge book about all of the trouble I have had with UPS, so you are not alone.

Respected Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

Oh and I forgot, I got those same trees and wreath (glittered fruit) . I love my set! I am going to put them out for fall. I picked more of the darker colors on the things I purchased from Valerie to go along with the trees/wreath. 

I adored her chocolate and the sage green she had. I can't wait to start putting this stuff up.

I hope I don't regret not getting a second tree.  Chocolate is going to look really nice with these pieces.  Sage too, but also coppery colors.  

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Just had to say how fun it was reading this thread. My hubby says, now what did you order? Usually I don't answer, lol.

@Snicks1  Mine knows better than to ask, lol.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

Last Monday I had 17 boxes show up. Of course Monday and Friday  is the day the UPS man always comes around 8 pm. Thankfully hubby was busy doing something in the backyard and didn't see me and the UPS man running across the front yard trying to get the boxes in the house quickly. I told the UPS guy to get the truck out of my driveway ASAP.

The hubby and I keep our money separate but he is a saver and obviously I am notSmiley Happy

So funny @ChrissyKR I can relate. I was imagining how that looked with you running back and forth to get those packages into the house asap. I was supposed to get my CIJ items by UPS to USPS and they come late when DH is always home. They all happen to come to the UPS warehouse and my regular UPS man knows me well so he took them all with him instead of forwarding them onto USPS and came first thing in the morning knowing my husband would not be home. We had a good laugh about it as he carried all the boxes into my house. 

Wow!   What a great UPS guy you have.  This time last year I had a UPS guy that dropped my packages at the front door resulting in breakages.  After I complained, my packages would sit on his truck "out for delivery" all day.  Then about 7 pm I'd get a notice that the customer wasn't home for delivery or requested delivery for another day and I'd have to go get my packages.  He did this numerous times.  Jerk.  I finally got a new guy. Yours sounds like a gem!

@crazycockermom  I could write a huge book about all of the trouble I have had with UPS, so you are not alone.

It's a shame.   And ridiculous.  I haven't met my current UPS person, but thankfully he/she has been good so far this year.   My mail guy is a gem thankfully, although UPS delivers more.  

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

@crazycockermom We have a great UPS driver. I gave him a gift card at Christmas as he really is a gem. He takes in heavy packages for me and I told him DH usually goes out in the morning so when he does the business deliveries up the street, he delivers my packages. Sometimes he can't deliver in the morning and so he comes evenings. 

When USPS comes we have no regular driver. I have had packages stolen by USPS drivers, packages delivered to neighbors, missing packages, opened packages, damaged and thrown packages etc. I have no control over how I will get my packages. Even Amazon switched to USPS now (they have a contract now) and I have had many delivery problems since. 

Recently I put a claim in with Amazon for a package coming 2 day delivery that I never got the package and I was home when the mailman came by but he never got out of the truck to deliver the package to my door. Tracking said it was delivered. Amazon had me wait 2 days until I could put a claim in. Well about 4 days later the USPS driver came in his own car to deliver the package and it was clearly opened and retaped. I already received my replacement package the day before from UPS. Thing is I have cameras and it filmed him putting the package at my door on a late Sunday Afternoon. Explain that one! 

Respected Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

@crazycockermom We have a great UPS driver. I gave him a gift card at Christmas as he really is a gem. He takes in heavy packages for me and I told him DH usually goes out in the morning so when he does the business deliveries up the street, he delivers my packages. Sometimes he can't deliver in the morning and so he comes evenings. 

When USPS comes we have no regular driver. I have had packages stolen by USPS drivers, packages delivered to neighbors, missing packages, opened packages, damaged and thrown packages etc. I have no control over how I will get my packages. Even Amazon switched to USPS now (they have a contract now) and I have had many delivery problems since. 

Recently I put a claim in with Amazon for a package coming 2 day delivery that I never got the package and I was home when the mailman came by but he never got out of the truck to deliver the package to my door. Tracking said it was delivered. Amazon had me wait 2 days until I could put a claim in. Well about 4 days later the USPS driver came in his own car to deliver the package and it was clearly opened and retaped. I already received my replacement package the day before from UPS. Thing is I have cameras and it filmed him putting the package at my door on a late Sunday Afternoon. Explain that one! 

Wow!!!  That is like night and day!   Your UPS guy is an angel!   Never heard of one going out of their way like that.  But your USPS guy seems like pure evil.  Who does that??   What is wrong with people????  I just can't imagine.  I would be so incredibly furious.  I know it's a pain, but what about getting a PO Box?   Granted, you shouldn't have to do that.  But wow.  I'm speechless.  :/

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

Wow!!!  That is like night and day!   Your UPS guy is an angel!   Never heard of one going out of their way like that.  But your USPS guy seems like pure evil.  Who does that??   What is wrong with people????  I just can't imagine.  I would be so incredibly furious.  I know it's a pain, but what about getting a PO Box?   Granted, you shouldn't have to do that.  But wow.  I'm speechless.  :/

@BabyYoda  @crazycockermom  I have had horrible experiences with USPs and UPS, but lately, knock on wood, UPS is the worst.  Ineptness, lying, in both companies, and theft within USPS, at times blatant.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have a horrible USPS driver that throws packages and breaks many things. They have thrown boxes in my neighbor's yard in the rain etc. causing thousands of dollars worth of damage. He's gone up to the post office and had it out with them many times but they won't own up to it. I've received many damaged items myself, but my situation isn't as bad as my neighbor's.