Respected Contributor

Re: Woohoo!! Out for delivery!

Traffic stinks!!! But I got my contacts. On my way home!
Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@crazycockermom

Well, last week or week before I ordered three 3-piece sets of pedestals, one 2-piece set pedestals & 3 sets MG hearts - all "as is".

It ALL came the same day & it sure looked like a lot!!!

I don't have to explain to anyone except the voice in my head!

That voice in my head isn't winning any battles with me lately! And I'd be financially much better of if she did.

Respected Contributor

UPDATE: Mission accomplished! Gotta take the dogs out. Will report back. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
UPDATE: Mission accomplished! Gotta take the dogs out. Will report back. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom Loved reading this thread. I can so relate and glad you made it home before him. Can't wait to hear your reviews. 

Respected Contributor

@ChrissyKR wrote:

OMG I am with my kind!

Last Monday I had 17 boxes show up. Of course Monday and Friday  is the day the UPS man always comes around 8 pm. Thankfully hubby was busy doing something in the backyard and didn't see me and the UPS man running across the front yard trying to get the boxes in the house quickly. I told the UPS guy to get the truck out of my driveway ASAP.

The hubby and I keep our money separate but he is a saver and obviously I am notSmiley Happy

So funny @ChrissyKR I can relate. I was imagining how that looked with you running back and forth to get those packages into the house asap. I was supposed to get my CIJ items by UPS to USPS and they come late when DH is always home. They all happen to come to the UPS warehouse and my regular UPS man knows me well so he took them all with him instead of forwarding them onto USPS and came first thing in the morning knowing my husband would not be home. We had a good laugh about it as he carried all the boxes into my house. 

Honored Contributor

My voice in my head hasn't been giving me very good advise lately.  

Trusted Contributor

What a great thread. I had a smile on my face the whole time. I can so relate to this. Don't get me wrong, my husband is the best, but most men don't spend like woman, so yes he looks at me at times like I have lost my mind. Men buy, what they need and I buy on a want it, need it, got to have it. Oh well, it is what it is. I was just tickled reading this whole thing. 

Respected Contributor

Finally getting to sit down and share my thoughts. So, I didn't get to open anything until just now. DH came home about 10 minutes after I did and wanted to go grab a quick bite to eat. He was going to stop by his buddy's afterwards and I thought , "Yay! That'll give me time to unpack some goodies." So I drink my huge margarita, eat my food. We pay and I head home and he heads to his friend's. I get in the door, get attacked by the dogs, set my stuff down and head towards the back bedroom where I stash my secret boxes. I unwrap the tree. Woooo! I love it. The colors are neutral but pretty. I placed it where I think I want it and proceeded to unwrap the wreath. Double wooooo! Beautiful. I love these pieces. I get prepared to hang it but then I hear the front door. Shoot. DH wasn't gone very long. He asks what I'm doing and I say I was just unpacking some of the boxes I hadn't unpacked yet from a few weeks ago. I had taken the picture down above the mantel where I was going to hang the wreath. As I type this, I keep glancing over at the empty spot. Debating if I wait for DH to go to the restroom for me to hang it. Will I have enough time? Should I decide to not give a care and just bring it out while he sits next to the fireplace. He's watching tv, maybe he won't notice. Do I wait until tomorrow? Argh. I still haven't opened my angels. What to do what to do...

The problems of being a home decor hoarder.
Honored Contributor

@morewineplease  That's just crazy funny.  Thanks for the laughs.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Vintage sugared and beaded fruit pieces and angels and a few apparel items are out for delivery. Big question is do I go pick up my contacts like I was going to do after work? Or do I race home and try to beat DH so I can get the packages before he sees them?

Second question. What season do you think the fruit pieces are appropriate for? Now?

@crazycockermom  Any time you like, but they definitely are appropriate for Fall.