Respected Contributor
Vintage sugared and beaded fruit pieces and angels and a few apparel items are out for delivery. Big question is do I go pick up my contacts like I was going to do after work? Or do I race home and try to beat DH so I can get the packages before he sees them?

Second question. What season do you think the fruit pieces are appropriate for? Now?
Honored Contributor

Re: Woohoo!! Out for delivery!

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom

Well, last week or week before I ordered three 3-piece sets of pedestals, one 2-piece set pedestals & 3 sets MG hearts - all "as is".

It ALL came the same day & it sure looked like a lot!!!

I don't have to explain to anyone except the voice in my head!

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper
Lol at the voice in your head. I don't have to explain to DH. It's just better when he doesn't see a stack of packages all at once. The look he gives me makes me think I'm a little crazy. That's not the kind of confirmation I need, haha.

Him (when he finally noticed the new big lantern on the hearth weeks later), "When did we get that?"
Me, "You're just now noticing that? We've had that for awhile!"
Honored Contributor

Lol. I SO understand, lol.

Respected Contributor

@Sahmlam
I knew some of my holiday forum friends would. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom, The vintage sugared and beaded fruit tree I ordered for my mom came yesterday and it's really nice.  There are a few minor flaws in how the beading was applied, but I was able to twist/turn all but one of those fruit pieces so that the weird blemished area disappeared.  I think I'm going to sneak over and place it somewhere in her dining room since she isn't home right now, and see how long it takes her to notice it and call me.  She has no idea I ordered it, but she liked it when I showed it to her online a while back. 

I think she will end up using it either year-round or at least during fall and winter.  The only problem there could be using it around Christmas/winter is if it clashes with brighter red/green type decor.  It's very neutral IMO.

Oh, and I cannot count the times my DH has asked me when did I get that?  And I'd say months ago.  The sad part is sometimes it's really been on display for months.  LOL.  It makes life much more pleasant not having to experience the eye-roll when packages are sitting around.  ;-)

Super Contributor

OMG I am with my kind!

Last Monday I had 17 boxes show up. Of course Monday and Friday  is the day the UPS man always comes around 8 pm. Thankfully hubby was busy doing something in the backyard and didn't see me and the UPS man running across the front yard trying to get the boxes in the house quickly. I told the UPS guy to get the truck out of my driveway ASAP.

The hubby and I keep our money separate but he is a saver and obviously I am notSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My package with a cake packed in dry ice has been on the UPS truck since 5:30am, it's almost 12hrs later. & still waiting. Mailed 3 days ago & It's in the 80's & sunny today....sure hope you have better luck.  May have to call QVC for a refund if it's completely thawed, not looking forward to that.

Respected Contributor

Aww kitcat51. That stinks! Hope it arrives ok. Let us know!

@ChrissyKR. That is hilarious!!! I was laughing out loud when I read that. Too funny. 17 boxes? No wonder you were trying to get them in the house quickly. Lucky timing!

@SHOPR
I will respond later!

DH said he's working a little late so on my way to get my contacts first. Wish me luck!
Super Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Aww kitcat51. That stinks! Hope it arrives ok. Let us know!

@ChrissyKR. That is hilarious!!! I was laughing out loud when I read that. Too funny. 17 boxes? No wonder you were trying to get them in the house quickly. Lucky timing!

@SHOPR
I will respond later!

DH said he's working a little late so on my way to get my contacts first. Wish me luck!

Yes 17 boxes! CIJ wasn't enough. Evine had Waterford and Skinn shows as well. Then someone on here mentioned those wines shades on HSN and then I saw other things....you know how it goes.