Trusted Contributor

Re: Will you be going out to celebrate on New Year's eve?

No, I'll be home either sleeping at midnight or up watching the ball drop. I may go out for an early dinner with DD & SIL.

Honored Contributor

We don't like to go out. We will be at home w/our pups. It is always a challenge for me to stay awake till midnight.

Honored Contributor

We have never gone out for NYE. My DH worked the midnight shift and never seemed to get off for that day.

Now we stay home and relax, until some nuts in the next neighborhood over light loud fireworks to get the dogs all wound up.

Honored Contributor

Like everyone else here we'll be at home.  

For many years we used to go out to dinner then my friends would come to my house for dessert and a drink.  That ended a few years ago before Covid.  

Respected Contributor

Woo hoo we got an unusual warm front coming through here...60 degrees on NYE so we will be building a nice blazing fire in the firepit outside and drinks on the patio. Maybe order some sushi and enjoy my husband and children and grands. 

Honored Contributor

I WISH!!!!!

In some former years, we would go out to dinner with another couple or two, then over to a house to wait for the ball to drop.

I love to go out to eat.  DH gets along with people, but doesn't want to see anyone after he gets home-neither does he want to go out.Smiley Sad

I go out to lunch a lot, sometimes dinner.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Woo hoo we got an unusual warm front coming through here...60 degrees on NYE so we will be building a nice blazing fire in the firepit outside and drinks on the patio. Maybe order some sushi and enjoy my husband and children and grands. 

@bmorechick,

I'm coming over! Sounds great!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My dog would never forgive me, if I left him alone during NY fireworks. Never have. He comes first. Besides, it's probably safer for me, too, to hunker down at home. It gets crazy in my hood.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

@bmorechick,

I'm coming over! Sounds great!

Ha ha come on!! If you are the Chesapeake "on the bay" you bring the crabcakes and I will put some Natty Bo in the fridge!

Honored Contributor

No.    Unfotunately, my evening gown won't be back from the cleaners in time.........

See the source image

♥Surface of the Sun♥