Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be going out to celebrate on New Year's eve?

No, we will be hunkering down with our little guy.  Good food, good company, peaceful and reflective looking forward to the New Year.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd,

Who's your little guy?

Do you have a picture?

He sounds like maybe a furry four legged little guy?😊

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Yes, our beloved little guy is a 6 pound pomHeart

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd,

That sounds like it will be a good and snuggly New years Eve!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Content to stay home alone. I've never had those sweet "kiss in the new year" moments so it's kind of a bittersweet time for me. I host the family for a traditional southern meal on New Year's Day so I enjoy the quiet time. I do enjoy staying up until the year turns over, not sure why but it just seems like the thing I should do. If the night is clear, I'll spent some time watching the stars. They're predicting 60 degrees NYE night, so it should be quite nice. Whatever you do, enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

We will be home enjoying a nice meal and some good wine.  

Like others we used to go out and party it up but those days are long gone now and that's okay with me.   What was nice a few years back, we used to go to a favorite B&B of ours on Cape Cod.  They would have a New Years eve package that included 2 nights, 2 breakfasts and New Years eve dinner.   We would do that again as it's simple but lovely.  Of course they haven't done it the past 2 years and I'm not sure if and when it will return.  It was fun while it lasted.

Whatever you do, be safe and enjoy.  Here's hoping for a Happy and Healthy 2022!

Respected Contributor

Oh gosh NO. I always remember my Dad saying "It's amatuer night! Better to be off the roads!"

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Even when I was young I didn't care to go out on New Year's Eve. I would go to a house party but not out in the madness. I will be home trying to stay awake until midnight. I rarely make it. However the fireworks will go off at midnight and I will know it's 2022. Have a safe and happy evening whatever you do. 

Respected Contributor

We will be in bed. Expect to be woken up by fireworks.

Honored Contributor

Will be staying home enjoying some snacks and watching TV in front of the fireplace.