Valued Contributor

Why is this happening?

[ Edited ]

I'm trying to order an item and it states IN STOCK yet when i order it sates sold out. What is happening on the website?UnrealSmiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022    Without an item number, nobody can check on it.  We're not psychic. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Bella2022 I have had that happen & it's frustrating. I don't know why the system doesn't keep up, but it doesn't.

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022 

That happens to me frequently, I think it's just a matter of the product page hasn't been updated yet to show the item 'sold out', but when you try to add it to your cart, the cart knows it's sold out.

Why on earth the 2 actions are not synced is beyond me, but many things about QVC's website and constant 'glitches' don't make sense to me.

For such a large corporation (they remind us often that they are in 8M homes, across several countries) you would think that they would have an excellent IT dept. and a well working, user friendly website.

But no.....they don't.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bella2022    Without an item number, nobody can check on it.  We're not psychic. 

I have a reason why I don't give the item # out. Get it.

Honored Contributor

@Bella2022    Then I guess you'll just have to continue wondering. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Why this happens likely has nothing to do with the item #.  Many of us have experienced issues with their ordering system.  The OP was not asking anyone to look up what she ordered.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I have been on the QVC website and the QVC website through Rakuten at the same time.  On one system something is available, and on the other it is not.  Makes no sense.  And more than once I have ordered something that was available, only to find out days later that it is on backorder.  I have one of those orders right now.  Doubt if I will ever get it.  Very frustrating.  You would think QVC would be better than this.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Super Contributor

@Bella2022 wrote:

I'm trying to order an item and it states IN STOCK yet when i order it sates sold out. What is happening on the website?UnrealSmiley Frustrated

Contact CS or put the under "Customer Care" topics so maybe the moderators can help you with your issue.  Lots of times (and on other shopping sites also) the item is there but when you add it to your cart is when it tells you it's sold out.  Maybe they might get more back in.  So no one here can give you an answer ... you need to speak with a representative.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Why is this happening?

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 Why this happens likely has nothing to do with the item #.  Many of us have experienced issues with their ordering system.  The OP was not asking anyone to look up what she ordered.

Thank you @Puppy Lips. Merry Christmas in July