Respected Contributor

Re: Who's with me? Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

@Twoaces wrote:

Ok, pouring my heart out here.  Like most of you, I’ve got way too much holiday stuff and have started giving some to young friends, etc.  but...I did order two lanterns yesterday.  I am in the midst of arranging euthanasia for my fifteen and a half year old golden retriever, and I’m about to face my husbands dimentia diagnosis, all in the same day.  So, I did indulge a little, and after much thought, I ordered two black ones thinking that they have year round use and might inspire me to create new scapes when they arrive.  I will need inspiration!!  

@Twoaces   Please allow me to say that my heart goes out to you, and I will remember you in my prayers. 

I hope that the lanterns will bring you a little bit of joy during this trying time. Sometimes, it's just the most unexpected things that can lighten our hearts.  

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Beauty Maven   I'm right there with you.  Free shipping on the TSV Lanterns sucked me right on in.  I've sworn off all decorations for any season due to downsizing, but here I sit, with two lanterns ordered and the berry candle rings.  Heaven help me.  I'm too old to decorate, much let alone ordering more. Smiley Embarassed

@Georgiagrama   Never too old to decorate. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven   I hadn't intended to buy anything, but I bought the crackled glass chickadee hurricane, I call it a vase and is how I will use it, for a faux floral arrangement, and the set of two small brown deer with the closed eyes and smiling.  I thought the deer appearing to be carved wood were nice, but way too many large deer in my herd already, and did not want a stampede, lol, as they have indicated by stomping hooves that the herd is full and no more deer are allowed.  

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl  I am still considering that chickadee hurricane. I didn't like the cardinal one, even though I love all things cardinal, because he just didn't have a good cardinal attitude. I'm thinking the chickadee hurricane might fit into that open lantern centerpeice, H223967. If it does I think it will really be fabulous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl  I am still considering that chickadee hurricane. I didn't like the cardinal one, even though I love all things cardinal, because he just didn't have a good cardinal attitude. I'm thinking the chickadee hurricane might fit into that open lantern centerpeice, H223967. If it does I think it will really be fabulous.

@froggy   Yes, that would look nice.  I have several cardinal hurricanes, so wasn't interested in it.

Last year, I bought two of Valerie's crackle glass with bow design.  I put them on either end of the mantle with faux holly and fairy lights, beautiful!

11" Illuminated Crackle Glass Hurricane with Holiday Motif by - H219592

Valued Contributor

@mspatmac -- I absolve you, go in peace!! (No disrespect to religion)

Esteemed Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@mspatmac -- I absolve you, go in peace!! (No disrespect to religion)

@Beauty Maven  Thank you, I needed that Heart

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven and everyone else- Add me to this list! I definitely didn't need more lanterns, so I bought FOUR of the TSV, and the deer with the holly wreaths, and some picks, and the snowman with lantern, and some gifts, etc. etc. etc! 

I just love Valerie's items and her tips, and her shows with Jayne and Carolyn were relaxed and informative!  

So I bought. And I probably will again when she has her harvest shows next week!    Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@Twoaces -- Lifting you up in prayer - for 'peace that passes understanding'.  I hope you find inspiration that lifts you above all you're going through!!

Valued Contributor

@mousiegirl -- I ordered the carved deer last night.  This morning I came to my senses and cancelled the order. They were very pretty, but like you said, very large.  I'm trying to keep my collection to foundational items like lanterns and Luminara candles.  That way it's easy to change the look or color scheme with simple things like picks, candle rings etc.