Super Contributor

Re: Who's with me? Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

Ok, pouring my heart out here.  Like most of you, I’ve got way too much holiday stuff and have started giving some to young friends, etc.  but...I did order two lanterns yesterday.  I am in the midst of arranging euthanasia for my fifteen and a half year old golden retriever, and I’m about to face my husbands dimentia diagnosis, all in the same day.  So, I did indulge a little, and after much thought, I ordered two black ones thinking that they have year round use and might inspire me to create new scapes when they arrive.  I will need inspiration!!  

Honored Contributor

@Twoaces you have some tough things to deal with. I think the lanterns could easily be used year round.

Super Contributor

thank you, Auntg!

Honored Contributor

I have said that too until I watched the video of Kringle Express illuminated metallic sleigh.  It's perfect for my fireplace.  I haven't pulled the trigger yet but it's a matter of time.Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Regal Bee 

I was in Kohl's today and missed the biggest buy.  I saw a lady carrying 2 beautiful lanterns about 16-18" tall in bronze.

Asked her where they were in store.  She told me she got the last 2 -- Scott Brothers line marked down to $24.90 plus today additional 20% off.

They were beautiful and could be filled with candle of your choice.  Going to another Kohl's maybe they have them.

Our Old Time Pottery is in full Fall and Christmas ...I'm trying to stay away😉😉😉.   they have a great selection of lanterns.

@homedecor1   I couldn't get over Old Time Pottery.....they are just running over with holiday items and my readers kept fogging up with the mask.....so frustrating.

Be sure to check out AT HOME if you have one. Their selection is amazing.

I'm going to put new flameless candles in some of my older lanterns and redo the ribbon treatments......I have too many already. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@Regal Bee   - Funny indeed!!  I justify the QVC purhases by making a commitment NOT to go into Home Goods this holiday season; and Pier One has gone out of business, so I'll save $$ with them out of the picture.  I wonder if I'll ever be able to stop, or am I a candidate for a future episode of "Hoarding - Buried Alive - Christmas Edition!"

@Beauty Maven   I doubt HomeGoods will have much anytime soon.....I have stopped going in several of ours.....just nothing.

I justify my shopping with I could be doing much worse things! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Happy to say I bought nothing.  

Valued Contributor

Two Aces I'm truly sorry for what you are going thru.Let us know how you are doing.
I bought 2 lanterns .With free shipping .Was glad to see that .
I claimed it was my Christmas present.Yeah,right .If it was Dec.24th!
Take care& be safe.
Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I bought 3 Jim Shore pieces ---2 ornaments (cardinal and a nativity), and a Snowman.....

@Spurt    I had to get the cardinal as well.  I thought it would be a memorable gift for my granddaughter.  I've gotten her an ornament each year since she was born.  I hope someday she will use them on her on tree and will think of me as she decorates her tree.

@Georgiagrama 

That Cardinal was beautiful, I know your daughter will enjoy it and think of your love and thoughtfulness too

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

@NickNack  I couldn't find the video, but I will look for the soon to be rerun on Q2 soon.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles   Here's the video:  https://www.qvc.com/S2-Illuminated-Iridescent-Faceted-Glass-Votives-by-Valerie.product.H224466.html?...

@NickNack Thank you!😊 They make a LOVELY statement together! Decisions...decisions...😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖