Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Who's started their Christmas shopping?

I got something for my sister.  Was not looking for Christmas gifts, but came across the perfect thing for her while just shopping in general. I am pleased with myself.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet.  I'll probably wait until early-December.

Honored Contributor

@Eileen in Virginia wrote:

That’s the spirit - only 8 months and counting until Christmas!  🎅🏼 🤶🏻 🎄 I’d shop way in advance too if I thought I’d remember where I hid the presents. 🤔

@Eileen in Virginia - 8 months!!!!  LOL, LOL at myself. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

For Grandsons I have to wait to be closer to Christmas no telling what their interests will be then.

but for our Christmas Grab bag (Naughty Santa) I starting buy holiday themed kitchen towels. I buy them usually on clearance. I only need Halloween and Thanksgiving.

Trusted Contributor

I think it’s a great idea to shop when you get a great deal. I have a specific spot to store the early gift purchases, otherwise I would forget where I put them.😊

Esteemed Contributor

With rare exception do I ever start Christmas shopping until after Thanksgiving.Usually, not until the beginning of December.I would have to stumble upon something really special  to buy it before then!!

Honored Contributor

I freed myself of holiday shopping last year; worked out great, and I’m not going there again.   

Super Contributor

@gidgetgh  Are you accepting applications for additional friends? ;-)  A Radley bag is such a wonderful gift!

I have been picking a few things already for my girls (make up brush sets, clothes) and I am always checking my favorite websites for sales to get ahead on my shopping.  I also keep my wishlist on the Q up to date for when there is a free shipping day or good ebates percentage off. I find that I enjoy the season more when I have a good head start on my shopping, plus it helps with my budgeting to spread it out a bit.  

I hope your headache is GONE very soon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh 

Now that you mention it, I guess I sorta started in January!

I bought my DD a set of polar fleece sheets here from the Q.

A great deal at the time - on sale, easy pay & free shipping!

I hope you are feeling better.

Respected Contributor

Hope your migraine is over.  I have a few items that I've found from time to time.  I keep them all in one cabinet and keep a list on my phone so I know what I've purchased.  It's not so much that I'm actively shopping, but sometimes you come across an item that you know will be right for one of the people on your gift list.  If you can buy it on sale and with free shipping, why not?