Honored Contributor

Who's started their Christmas shopping?

I'm up early (4:00 AM) with a migraine.  I've decided to live on the edge, LOL, and start this thread!  Yes, yes, I realize it's April.  

I've actually started my shopping.  Kind of accidentally.  Macy's was having a fantastic sale on Radley London a few months ago and I bought a purse for 3 very close friends.  It's my favorite style purse from Radley and I loved the price and it was perfect for them so 3 gifts bought with just a few keystrokes.  And I'm so glad I did because the colors I bought are sold out now.  This was not a purse that QVC carries.

Then two weeks ago I was at Nordstrom and found a terrific crossbody (Nordstrom private label) for myself on clearance.  Great bag.  I bought one for me and came home and ordered a few more- for another friend for Christmas and my sister and two for friends for their birthdays.

That should be it for awhile.  I just happened to find those gifts at the right time and they wouldn't have been there if I'd waited till later in the year.

Gives me a great start on the Christmas shopping.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Who's started their Christmas shopping?

@gidgetgh wrote:

I'm up early (4:00 AM) with a migraine.  I've decided to live on the edge, LOL, and start this thread!  Yes, yes, I realize it's April.  

I've actually started my shopping.  Kind of accidentally.  Macy's was having a fantastic sale on Radley London a few months ago and I bought a purse for 3 very close friends.  It's my favorite style purse from Radley and I loved the price and it was perfect for them so 3 gifts bought with just a few keystrokes.  And I'm so glad I did because the colors I bought are sold out now.  This was not a purse that QVC carries.

Then two weeks ago I was at Nordstrom and found a terrific crossbody (Nordstrom private label) for myself on clearance.  Great bag.  I bought one for me and came home and ordered a few more- for another friend for Christmas and my sister and two for friends for their birthdays.

That should be it for awhile.  I just happened to find those gifts at the right time and they wouldn't have been there if I'd waited till later in the year.

Gives me a great start on the Christmas shopping.

that is great that you started early, but what if your friends don't like the bags....they can't return them in December can they?  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear - my friends, sister and I never return/exchange gifts we give each other.  We never have.  I guess we all like what we get each other or we don't tell!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@jackthebear - my friends, sister and I never return/exchange gifts we give each other.  We never have.  I guess we all like what we get each other or we don't tell!

great, you know your people

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

great, you know your people

@jackthebear  like everyone else, I just try my best.  I give the gift with the best of thought put into it.  How the recipient receives the gift is up to them.

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, How nice to give something useful as a gift.  Who can’t use another nice handbag?  And I hope your headache is much better, if not gone, so that you can have a nice day.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

@gidgetgh, How nice to give something useful as a gift.  Who can’t use another nice handbag?  And I hope your headache is much better, if not gone, so that you can have a nice day.

@PamfromCT - headache is all gone, thanks. My migraine pill knocked this one out fast.  You have a good day also!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always start with the after Christmas sales....can’t afford to do it in one fell swoop in December.  Tucked away in my decorative chests (I use for nightstands in my bedroom) I have some fleece shirts,  scarves, gloves, Lennox pieces, and some crossbody cellphone bags that are really cute from a company called K-Carroll.   

I keep my eyes open all year and pick up things as I find them.  My family aren’t “returners” either...if someone doesn’t like something they pass to someone else, I guess....no one has ever asked for a receipt!

Respected Contributor

That’s the spirit - only 8 months and counting until Christmas!  🎅🏼 🤶🏻 🎄 I’d shop way in advance too if I thought I’d remember where I hid the presents. 🤔

Respected Contributor

I am glad you feel better...no shopping yet. In the interest of full disclusure I still have a few flameless holiday candles up!  They look nice lit at night.