Respected Contributor

Re: Who is cooking, who is going out for Thanksgiving?

Our Thanksgivings have pared down considerably since we own a small business and don't travel to family.  This year DH is frying a turkey, mashed potatoes, salad, Fleming's Chiptole Mac and Cheese, appetizers, and some sort of dessert to be shared with DS and his new fiance.  Enjoy!!

Respected Contributor

@walkingal Friendsgiving is a made-up word that is used for a pot luck Thanksgiving attended by a group of friends as opposed to a family Thanksgiving celebration.  😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I are going to enjoy staying home. We recently decided just the 2 of us this year. DH will be overseeing the Ronco rotisserie and I'll be cooking most everything else.

Our Thanksgiving Day menu is:

Prime Rib Roast

Potato Gratin w/Rosemary Crust

Glazed Carrots

Asparagus

Authentic Gourmet Croissants

Drinks...Eggnog and our fave...James Arthur Vinyard's Edelweiss Wine

Dessert - a few kinds of my homemade cookies and/or pumpkin pie

We are looking forward to watching the Macy's Parade while enjoying hot cocoa and warm cinnamon rolls  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm cooking this year, but we have gone out in the past. I just enjoy Thanksgiving more at home when I cook and so does my husband and son.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio  Lucky for me I have a friend with a decent sized family who is cooking dinner.  This will be my third Thanksgiving with them, and they are fun people.  Blessings to all who are cooking for us single people!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight

sorry about your son - my younger one is not on my "good" list right now (not that he cares I'm sure!) tensions seem to run a little higher this time of year😩 - anyway hope your tooth goes ok & you do have a nice day!

As for me - I had planned to go home but then my other son & GD surprised me 2 weeks ago & stayed for 10 days! We had a great time!  

@Mominohio

I offered to cook (it went from 2 to 12) I love to cook & entertain! My biggest problem is I need to get movin to the food store😳But we're keeping it simple.  I do not like eating out on holidays & I want that "late night leftover turkey, stuffing & cranberry sandwich"!😊

I will be heading home for the Christmas holiday & coming back the next day as my family arrives 12/27 for a week.  Crazy I know but I wanted to be with my entire family Christmas Eve and enjoy my GD on Christmas Day (her family not coming due to work).

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family🦃

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz

prayers for your family & you.  Whatever you do - have a nice day with your family.

Respected Contributor

I'm cooking....the whole deal. Love it.

Trusted Contributor

Not cooking. Between caring for my 91 year old mother and working on my dissertation, I'm too pooped to cook much (and don't have the time). So, Cracker Barrel here we come! I pre-order the entire spread and then pick it up on Thanksgiving. Plenty of yummy leftovers!!!

I used to cook the holiday meal, and will again someday. For now, a little help from CB is worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio

Staying in and cooking for us and our neighbors. Costco sure makes it easy !! This year besides the turkey, I opted to buy two sides as well as their gravy. It helps to make the day more enjoyable when you aren't tied to the kitchen. Blessings to all.

Fill Your Heart And Home With Happiness

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein