Honored Contributor

Who is cooking, who is going out for Thanksgiving?

We have gone to a buffet in the Amish country region of our state for the last couple of years. I decided to cook this year for a change (we like to alternate back and forth). My son and his girlfriend will be here. My mom is going to my brother's in Cincinnati. 

So what are your holiday meal plans?

Honored Contributor

Re: Who is cooking, who is going out for Thanksgiving?

Chief cook and bottle washer here.

Honored Contributor

Off to the in-laws so it will be a different type of Thanksgiving dinner (food wise). I'm bringing a pie and a cake and that's all the cooking I need to do!! YAHOO!

Esteemed Contributor

Eddy, my furbaby, and I are going to relatives for the day.

I am baking a carrot cake.  Does that count for cookingWoman LOL?

Trusted Contributor

I will be cooking a turkey dinner with all of the trimmings.  My DS, DDIL & DGD are making the 2hr drive to my house.   At least the weather is supposed to be decent, unlike today, that had me outside shoveling!!  Grrrrrr

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

I am having a tooth pulled Tues. & may stay home. My son & I had a HUGE argument last wk. & things are still tense. At least my tooth will give me an excuse to stay home, if necessary. My heart is hurting. 

Respected Contributor

We are attending a Friendsgiving that is about two hours away.  I'm making a fresh apple cake to take.

@TX-starlight Sorry that your tooth is hurting and that your relationship with your son is out of sorts right now.  I hope both improve soon.

Respected Contributor

I've cooked for the past several Thanksgivings, decided that we'll dine at our annual church dinner on Thursday. I'll make some cranberry sauce and a couple of pies to share with the other folks.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what we are doing. DH's dad was admitted to the hospital Fri. He's going home in a few days but they are calling in Hospice. DH thinks it's too early for that. I guess his mom will need the help or the doctor knows something we don't. 

We were going to make a ham, baked beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, watergate salad & rolls since we would not have to worry about keeping these things hot.

We knew his mom was not cooking before this happened so we figured this was the easiest to make to take to his parents house. 

Honored Contributor

DH & I have a friend of our's here bunking up for awhile, really glad to have him. We're staying in, I'm cooking and we've landed on having cornish hens on the barbie. I'll prep the birds (mix of rosemary & lemon in oil, s/p), he'll take it from there. I'm roasting a melange of veggies  - LIGHT BULB MOMENT - I should do the veggies on the grill too. WOW!!!  Anyway, julienne carrots, parsnips, sliced radishes & brsl sprouts. I'm making (homemade) cranberries (sauce) with orange and either walnuts or pecans, not sure yet. We love veggies on the grill so yeah, good idea. As well, I may do either the acorn sq I have or sweet potatoes.

So yeah, dinner this year will be very different and that's a very good thing.

I hope everyone has a good day Wednesday and a great day Thursday. Don't fret the big stuff, don't get crazy over that bird. Yeah it may be big but it's just another roast. Have fun, enjoy fixing it, ask for help, and love sitting at your table with family & friends eating it!