Respected Contributor

Who has the BL moving flame candles?

I just became aware of these. I like the color options and the texture, but there aren’t many reviews. So just curious who has them and how you like them.

Also, who has Valerie’s rosebud pedestals that sold out? I need some candles for those. What are you using? The well is exactly 4”. Wondering if a 4” candle will fit or if it is too tight.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who has the BL moving flame candles?

@crazycockermom

There are a lot more reviews on the BL candles on Amazon.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I have them. 

Not the new linen ones, but the first ones they brought here.

I like them a lot. 

They 'fllicker' more like the Mirage brand than the Luminara, meaning the wick doesn't move, the light does. 

I think the new linen ones are beautiful, but over priced. THey do have more features than the original ones, plus a remote with a lot of different options, probably why the price is higher. I did find that my Luminara remotes worked on most of the BL I received though.

The great thing about the first ones BL brought (and they are still available in some colors and sizes) was the price and free shipping. 

I like the ability to get one of each size in the newer linen option, but I'm holding out to see if they get reduced in price. 

Valued Contributor

I have no idea what BL means  Please enlighten me  TY

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
Thanks for responding. I think on the new candles the flame does move. I just compared the videos of the new and old. They now look more like Luminara candles, imo. I really love the linen look and the color and size options. I’d love to wait for the price to go down, but they have a featured price now, so I doubt they’ll be going lower anytime soon. I still may pick up some of the older ivory ones at the lower price for my rosebud pedestals. Thanks for the tip!
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom - I didn’t see the same ones there.

@LexPex - Bethlehem Lights
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

Oh for heaven's sake! I just went and watched the video for the linen BL candles, and I've seen it like three times before this, and it just hit me that the flames do actually move on these, unlike their first ones.

Duh. It's even in the name of the candle. 

No wonder they cost more than their first ones. 

I can be such an idiot!

Now the price doesn't look so bad! I just have to get my head on straight before I answer a post!!!

Respected Contributor

@LIG1
Here are the item numbers.
H213936, H213937, H213938

@momimohio
Your post made me laugh!!
Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
@Mominohio
Thanks for responding. I think on the new candles the flame does move. I just compared the videos of the new and old. They now look more like Luminara candles, imo. I really love the linen look and the color and size options. I’d love to wait for the price to go down, but they have a featured price now, so I doubt they’ll be going lower anytime soon. I still may pick up some of the older ivory ones at the lower price for my rosebud pedestals. Thanks for the tip!

@crazycockermom, I don't have the new linen textured moving flame version but I very much want them in 5 inch.  I may even branch out and try the gray, but for now I will hold off since I don't have a specific need for them.

I have the previous BL touch candles in Sand color and I am so happy with the long battery life.  Even though the older version is nowhere near as bright as Luminara, I like having them in the background with the more subtle glow.  I am really drawn to the new set due to the texture and also the adjustable flame options.  

Keep us posted if you get them. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR
Thanks for responding and for your input. That’s good to know about the long battery life, hopefully that’s the case for these new ones. I love the new texture and options as well. The problem is I want several! I want the gray for the dining room, lavender for the family room and green for the kitchen. I have so many neutral things, I think these would add some nice subtle color and texture rather than the same old smooth ivory candles. I’m definitely going to try a set so I’ll report back. If I could catch a deal on shipping I’d order several. Smiley Happy