Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who has the BL moving flame candles?

@crazycockermom, I hear ya about these adding just a subtle bit of color and texture vs plain ivory.  These are the first candles I have been excited about in a while. 

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

I got these!

I had expressed interest and my mom got them for me for my birthday (never mind that my birthday isn't until April, but she just couldn't wait to give them to me). I got them in the Latte color. 

I have to say, I'm not as impressed as I hoped I would be. 

I don't think they feel as heavy or substantial and I don't think the wax looks as rich as many of my Mirage or even the first BL lights ones are. The color isn't exactly what I was expecting either. 

Because they are a gift, I will and can put them to good use, as I don't have anything like them, but in my opinion, they definitely aren't worth the money they are asking right now. 

And the flames do move, and mine click like some of the Luminara. 

Just not impressed over all.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
So nice of your mom! Are you by chance an Aries?

I’m glad I read your post. I was considering ordering a set tonight with the easy pay offer. I decided to check here first and sure enough saw your post about them. How disappointing. They looked rather rich online. That’s why it’s always nice to read reviews first, if possible. Things are always different in person. Sometimes better, sometimes worse.

I am rather bummed. Maybe I’ll try a set down the road if the price goes down. But for now you saved me some money. Thank you! And good night...
Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, Thanks for your review.  It is too bad that you aren't very impressed with them vs. the others.

Question:  Are the new Latte and the Sand from the previous non-moving flame version very similar in color, or are they nothing alike?  I have the Sand ones already.    

Honored Contributor

@SHOPRwrote:

@Mominohio, Thanks for your review.  It is too bad that you aren't very impressed with them vs. the others.

Question:  Are the new Latte and the Sand from the previous non-moving flame version very similar in color, or are they nothing alike?  I have the Sand ones already.    

@SHOPR

The colors are not close at all, in my opinion. And I was kind of expecting them to be.

I have the sand too, and I like those a lot.

The Latte color just really fell flat in my opinion. 

They are still in the box, and I haven't had time to try to work them in and see just where they will go and what they will go with, but my initial impression is just 'meh'.

So far I have to say that to me, these looked much better on TV than at home. 

I'm wondering if I would like them better in one of the other colors. But even at that, I just don't feel the quality, color, saturation of the wax is what some other candles are, including the Mirage candles I have gotten. 

I'm anxious to here if others pick these up, what they think. I'm sure some others will like them better than I do. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio, Thanks again for the info.  Looking at the pics, I can see where these might have a dry or powdery (?) type look due to the 3D crosshatch (linen-like) pattern.  I really hope that they don't sell out before a price reduction happens because I really want to try them one of these days.  

Respected Contributor

I thought I already posted this so sorry if it duplicates.

With free shipping yesterday I decided to take a chance and order some of these. Will report back!
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermomwrote:
I thought I already posted this so sorry if it duplicates.

With free shipping yesterday I decided to take a chance and order some of these. Will report back!

@crazycockermom

What color did you get? Yes and do report back!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
I got three because I couldn’t decide! Grey for my dining room, green for the living room and purple for the family room. Free shipping really was an incentive. If I don’t like them, I have something else to send back so they can all be shipped together so no big deal.
Respected Contributor

Reporting that I finally unpacked my candles yesterday. I love them!! Love the colors, the texture, the features. Looks like the Luminara flame to me. And it is pretty cool that you can blow them out. I have the grey in my dining room, purple in my family room, and will put the green in my living room. May try to take a pic later.