Honored Contributor

What a beautiful sight for Thanksgiving or Christmas!

Honored Contributor

ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

When I first starting dating Hubbs I would make him pecan pie. His fav dessert. I always add 1  Tablespoon of bourbon to the pie.

Super Contributor

Add me to the list.  Start with really good pecans.  You know, the ones that are fresh (expensive) and squirt a tiny burst of oil in your mouth when you bite into them.  Embed in a really good handmade crust with a minimum of filling, and dig in!

Honored Contributor

I only had it once and I didn't care for it.  Too sweet and I didn't like the consistency.  That is pretty.

Super Contributor
  • @chrystaltree, too much filling to pecan ratio, and/or pecans not fresh   Just guessing but I have had pecan pie as you described and I didn't like it either!
Honored Contributor

My Dad had gone on a charity bike ride for over 300 miles. He was 20 feet from his driveway and had a stoke and fell off his bike into the street.

He was in Intensive care for about a week and then into the regular hospital. He was in rehab for many months. He lost the use of most of his right side. So rehab was teaching him how to eat again, talk and walk.

The ffirst asignment in rehab was to teach him how to work with just his left hand and arm. So my Dad said his would make a Pecan Pie. Well, he became a favorite in rehab. He rolled out the dough with his left hand and you would never have known that the pie from made from a one armed guy. It looked like any pecan pie you would have gotten from the bakery.

Pecan pie was a favorite that he made every holiday, before and after his stroke. His did not look like your picture @Foxxee but it tasted so good.

Respected Contributor

Pecan pie is one of my favorite pies, but I do have a distinct way of eating it. I use my fork to lift the pecans and eat them first. When I have eaten all of the pecans, I cut into the pie and eat the filling and the crust the way pie is normally eaten. I do not like mixing the texture of the whole nuts with the filling and the crust.

The next time you have pecan pie try it my way. It is like having two desserts instead of one.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

My Dad had gone on a charity bike ride for over 300 miles. He was 20 feet from his driveway and had a stoke and fell off his bike into the street.

He was in Intensive care for about a week and then into the regular hospital. He was in rehab for many months. He lost the use of most of his right side. So rehab was teaching him how to eat again, talk and walk.

The ffirst asignment in rehab was to teach him how to work with just his left hand and arm. So my Dad said his would make a Pecan Pie. Well, he became a favorite in rehab. He rolled out the dough with his left hand and you would never have known that the pie from made from a one armed guy. It looked like any pecan pie you would have gotten from the bakery.

Pecan pie was a favorite that he made every holiday, before and after his stroke. His did not look like your picture @Foxxee but it tasted so good.

@drizzellla 

That's quite a story.  I admire his strong will to overcome his limitations.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Who Likes Pecan Pie?

[ Edited ]

I seldom make pecan pie, but every Thanksgiving and Christmas my Mom would always make her fabulous pecan pie.....miss those good times....