Honored Contributor

Re: Who Is Buying The TSV Trees?

@Qgirl26 wrote:

My family never had these growing up, but I do remember seeing them. I fell in love with the white ones. I got the 14" white. I'm thinking about getting the smaller white ones as well. I put up a village every year and I usually add something to the village and I'm thinking those small trees might be a good addition. I love how the color pops on the white.

I heard Leslie from Mr. Christmas mention that if your light bulbs come off, you can put them back on so that makes me think you could get some white bulbs to replace the colored, if you would prefer. Just a thought.

@Qgirl26  Thanks for the info as I didn't hear Leslie say that.  I'll get the white and start looking for the clear replacement bulbs.  I haven't ordered the 7" but sure am tempted.  The day isn't over yet.  lol

Contributor

I think both sizes are beautiful but I wish the star on the small one was smaller. It appears to be the same size as the one on the big tree. I think it overwhelms it.

Honored Contributor

@Jleah wrote:

I just bought the large green one, as a surprise for my daughter. She grew up with the tree my grandmother made for us, and she has fond memories of it. I haven't seen it in years and have no idea what happened to it, so I'm happy to get this one for her. 

@Jleah  Your daughter will love the surprise.  I sure wish someone would gift a couple sets of the small ones to me.

I really think a lot of people grew tired of the trees back in the day as a lot of them were in garage sales.  It always seems like as items lose favor and new ones come  we put less value on them and they are moved out.  I have no idea what happened to ours.  One of my daughters has a small one that a friend made for her but she never used it, didn't suit her style.  She'll probably be bringing it back out now that they are in again.

Regular Contributor

I bought one of each color of the large ceramic trees.

Honored Contributor

@tama wrote:

I think both sizes are beautiful but I wish the star on the small one was smaller. It appears to be the same size as the one on the big tree. I think it overwhelms it.

@tama  I think so too, it kind of overwhelms the small tree.  But I still like them and may get a set but not sure what color.  I doubt that I could buy the replacement bulbs to fit the small trees and I would want clear.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a set of the white mini's and a set of the green minis....

I think they are adorable...and I am betting my granddaughter will be taking home one of each color...she is 10...

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I ordered the 7" white because when I was a very little girl, my great aunt always had a white tree like that on a table in her room.  It was all white.  She was my grandmother's older sister and she lived with my grandparents.  When we were little, we'd sit on her bed and she would tell us stories about Nova Scotia, where they came from.  That little white tree just brought back such sweet memories.

@chrystaltree  What a great family memory.  I'm glad you could get the little trees to remind you of that special aunt. 

I think these trees have stirred memories for a lot of us today.  We are reading about  a lot of wonderful memories.  I love hearing about  them.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo, this was at midnight. She was on with David and they were talking about how if it arrives and some of the bulbs have popped off, not to worry because you could just pop them back on. So I really do hope this will work out for you. I don't want to steer anybody wrong but that is what I heard them say on the very first presentation.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I ordered the set of 2 7" green trees.  I thought one would look cute on my desk, and the other on my coffee table.  You mentioned the "plugs."  There are no plugs with these, they require 3-C batteries for the large, or 2 AAA batteries for each of the smaller ones.

@2blonde  Sorry, I meant to say bulbs.  My brain is on vacation today, I think. 

I think the 7" ones are adorable and for the price a pretty good deal.  I like the simple design of them, never was a fan of the snowy tips on the originals.

Thanks for your post and I hope you love the little trees when you receive them.

@lucymo wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

I ordered the set of 2 7" green trees.  I thought one would look cute on my desk, and the other on my coffee table.  You mentioned the "plugs."  There are no plugs with these, they require 3-C batteries for the large, or 2 AAA batteries for each of the smaller ones.

@2blonde  Sorry, I meant to say bulbs.  My brain is on vacation today, I think. 

I think the 7" ones are adorable and for the price a pretty good deal.  I like the simple design of them, never was a fan of the snowy tips on the originals.

Thanks for your post and I hope you love the little trees when you receive them.

@lucymo  I bought the two 7" white for the gingerbread display, and a 14" white for a cloche in either the red room or kitchen.  I have a fantastic two and a half foot green on a musical base that I bought on ebay around seven years ago, mint condition, otherwise, I would have ordered the green also.

@mousiegirl. I ordered the green 14" and am undecided about the white.  I want clear bulbs in the white.  I don't have a need for the small ones but have a want.  lol

@lucymo  I always say, need and want are two different issues, though sometimes I need what I want, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I am undecided.  I really prefer green trees over white trees, but the lights on the green tree, at least from the presentation online, don't look like they shine much at all!  In fact, I could hardly tell it was lit.  The lights on the white tree are much brighter.  So I don't know if I should go with the green 14" which is what I like, or instead get the 14" white since the lights shine much brighter........or get neither!  LOL