Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0107.JPG

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0108.JPG

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@qshpr89

I like your “swiffer puffs” idea 🙂....sounds cute, and you can reuse later for dusting 😄

I looked at white feather boas at Hobby Lobby today for a snowy garland look.They have the super fluffy down ones that would look more like snow, then they have more of a combination of fluffy mixed with regular feathers that would be pretty Also I think.

Frequent Contributor

@Oostende

Love these trees- so beautiful!  Inspiring some ideas for purchases this weekend!

Valued Contributor

@qshpr89 You know, I saw a blog post once where the blogger had used white dusters from the Dollar Store to create a snowy look on her tree.  It was lovely!  I was surprised by the idea.  It would never have occurred to me!  Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for weighing in!

Valued Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia Your tree is beautiful!  I love the decorations you've chosen for it!  No wonder you keep it up all year!

Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with us!  I love what you've done with your tree.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@missxmas  It's fun to look, isn't it?  

I'm planning an entirely new tree this year and I need to gather the things I'll need long before the Christmas season arrives.

I bought my Christmas cards this week and I ordered some four inch white fur to use as a garland.

It makes my life so much easier to have a plan going into Christmas.  We entertain a lot and things get so hectic if I wait too late.

Happy shopping!

Frequent Contributor

@Oostende wrote:

I bought a heavily flocked Christmas tree last year with all white lights.  I'm finding the flocked tree less festive and less versatile than my deep green tree. 

I'm thinking of going in a different direction this year.  I'm thinking of a mostly all white tree.  Perhaps soft metallic ornaments, like silver and rose gold and gold would be pretty.

I live in the Tetons and we get SNOW for Christmas.   

What do you ladies think about some of the following pictures?  Do they look like Christmas to you or do you hate them?

Magical Winter Christmas tree covered with snow

These are all lovely,  grand and elegant and if that is your style of decor then go for it.  I have always wanted a flocked tree and last year I got one.  It was a nice tree but I was underwhelmed.  I guess I'm just a girl that likes green trees with both multi and clear twinkling lights.  To me it's more festive.  I sent back the tree and this year I'm going to get the TSV from Santa's best.  Crossing my fingers that I'm happy with this one instead.  I hope you find the perfect one for you too.

Valued Contributor

@Gran Gran of two I know exactly what you're saying!  I guess I won't know if the green heavily flocked tree is perfect for me until I style it perfectly.

The way I styled my old green tree did not suit the new flocked one.

On the other hand, I went in the new direction hoping that I would love the change.  If I do it right, I think it will be perfect for me.

Thanks for sharing!

Frequent Contributor

@Regal Bee@Oostende

Love your ideas for ornament colors and themes.  Would love your advice for color schemes for my dining room- redone with 1 wall of pink and green Asian floral wallpaper and a gold lantern style chandelier. Had previously done Tartan theme but will not work and tired of it.  Love the white fur idea!  Any suggestions appreciated.