Frequent Contributor

Love ,this one with the gold stunning 

Valued Contributor

I think you are right, @Mominohio.  Formal is about the only way I can make my new tree work.  It suits my home and my taste, though, so it works for me.  Thanks for the input!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee, your trees sound wonderful.  

My title is a bit off.  The tree I am decorating is a green tree with heavy flocking, not an all white like the title suggests.

The colored lights I tried last year looked less vibrant and more pastel in the flocked tree than they did in my green tree.  It's weird.

I don't care for that so I'm trying to find another look that is more monochromatic, but not boring, and yet still looks like Christmas.

Maybe the first picture is my favorite.  I'll get there!  I just have to imagine it out in my head, and of course, Pinterest helps!  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: White Christmas tree

[ Edited ]

@Oostende wrote:

@Regal Bee, your trees sound wonderful.  

My title is a bit off.  The tree I am decorating is a green tree with heavy flocking, not an all white like the title suggests.

The colored lights I tried last year looked less vibrant and more pastel in the flocked tree than they did in my green tree.  It's weird.

I don't care for that so I'm trying to find another look that is more monochromatic, but not boring, and yet still looks like Christmas.

Maybe the first picture is my favorite.  I'll get there!  I just have to imagine it out in my head, and of course, Pinterest helps!  Smiley Very Happy

@Oostende  Try and remember that your Christmas tree is not part of your decor.....it is lovely when it matches but it does not have to. I believe your tree should be your Christmas fantasy. 

I will also say that it is my feeling that it's harder to work with colored lights on a heavily flocked tree. Try white lights and add touches of color here and there with golds, silvers and neutrals encircling most of the tree.  This is simply a suggestion.

Go with your heart and find your own style......it will work out. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee I think you are right.  And you guys are helping me get my act together!

I noticed that I seem to like the fur garland interwoven in the branches, so I just ordered some!

I kind of like this pallette but I need a bold Christmas red in there rather than the pink.

La Boheme

Honored Contributor

@Oostende

I like all the trees you posted. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Or this.

Mixed Metals 60-pc. Ornament Collection

Valued Contributor

Flocked Christmas Tree with Velvet Ribbon and Metallic Ornaments

Frequent Contributor

@Oostende I love the White Christmas Trees.  I have a Woodland Pine from QVC that is heavily flocked but looks white.  I create a Woodland Theme with.  I live where we get a lot of snow.  Not that I am fan of it.  I think it just sticks around so long we get used to it.

I like the look of the new fallen snow on our pine tree in our yard.  I wanted to create a similar look on the Christmas tree.  The best way I found to do it is to use fluff dusters (like what you would put on the end of a Swiffer duster).  I found them at my local Target store.  It was the store brand that comes all white.  They are the perfect size to tuck into gaps in your tree and it gives the look of snow.  Best part it was easy to clean up - just pull them out and pack them away with my ornaments.

Maybe that might be a way you can make your green tree look more white without a lot of work?   had to delete some photos off my phone recently otherwise I'd post a picture of it for you.  I hope you share photos of your tree if you decide to do a white tree.

Esteemed Contributor

IMG_0105.JPGI keep this one up all year.  It's nice with the lights on at night, too.

Cogito ergo sum