Honored Contributor

While wrapping gifts, ever feel this way?

DBA61932-ECAE-40CE-8D5E-1AC80DC55179.jpeg

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: While wrapping gifts, ever feel this way?

I think I know what you mean.  Yes, it's a great feeling!

Valued Contributor

Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite parts of Christmas, I absolutely love it.  I usually sit in the middle of my Living Room floor with a Christmas movie on and I wrap everything in one night. I know it sounds crazy, but that has been my tradition for a long time.  I wait until I have finished shopping and wrap everything at one time. My husband just laughs, shakes his head and goes to bed and says, he will find me under the wrapping paper in the morning...LOL!

Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh Funny you mention this...I was just over on Instagram watching a reel from JustJill (Bauer) where she is promoting the brand of box cutting etc tools called "Slice." They have a tool I'm going to look into getting that actually has no blade, but the way it's made it slices right through wrapping paper. Whereas, for me...that scissors "ahhhhh" moment, is touch and go and usually messy when it doesn't happen, frustrating. And as creative as I like to be in other instances...I don't find wrapping fun at all. Anything that makes it easier, I'm in. I'm going to check it out online.

Respected Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

Wrapping gifts is one of my favorite parts of Christmas, I absolutely love it.  I usually sit in the middle of my Living Room floor with a Christmas movie on and I wrap everything in one night. I know it sounds crazy, but that has been my tradition for a long time.  I wait until I have finished shopping and wrap everything at one time. My husband just laughs, shakes his head and goes to bed and says, he will find me under the wrapping paper in the morning...LOL!

@happilyretiredgirl Good for you! I had a cousin who was so good at getting her shopping and wrapping done early. We'd have Thanksgiving at her home and those gifts were already in her spare room, all beautifully wrapped. You remind me of her. And the way you do it sounds perfect. Me...Lol...I am usually shopping until the very last days, and wrapping is not as "Hallmark" for me. Some years I've been better than others...but...some years I'm wrapping in the car on our way to family dinners! Haha. Enjoy your wrapping. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I miss my loved ones and friends a lot especially at holidays however I do not miss gift wrapping.  I was very good at it but I just hated doing it.Woman Embarassed

When gift bags came out I was thrilled to pieces! 

Respected Contributor

I only feel this way when the bag I've bought is big enough for the items to drop into, with a couple of fancy tissues, and I'm done Christmas wrapping!  Better things to do....

Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh  Such a great feeling.. UNTIL you feel it catch! Yikes!Smiley Frustrated For many years now I've been using these shears my DH found in a box lot at a house auction. I have no idea what they were originally used for, but they are so great for cutting wrapping paper! (Pictured with my regular scissors.)

Shears.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@happilyretiredgirl  Ditto everything you said! I do the same, and my husband laughs too! One of the best parts of Christmas!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I miss my loved ones and friends a lot especially at holidays however I do not miss gift wrapping.  I was very good at it but I just hated doing it.Woman Embarassed

When gift bags came out I was thrilled to pieces! 

My mother was a very talented gift wrapper.  I did not inherent that talent.  All my gifts go into gift bags.  DDs get one big bag with all of their gifts in it.  Usually 5 gifts in total.