Honored Contributor

Re: While wrapping gifts, ever feel this way?

I got one of these a

Honored Contributor

I got one of these and it glides like a razor!!!

3M Scotch Paper Cutter Red Safer & Faster Than Scissors For Easy Straight Cuts  - Picture 1 of 4

Super Contributor

My aunt, my Nana and my mother's sister, had no children. She was a second mother to my sister and me. She hated to wrap gifts and would give our presents in the store paper bags. This annoyed my mother to no end. She like the pretty paper and bows.
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of wrapping holiday gifts.  To me it's just another time consuming back aching chore. 

I was so glad when I discovered those pretty mylar gifts bags here on the Q!  The bags are really attractive, come in diffeent sizes and are super easy and quick with their drawstring closures.

Trusted Contributor

I love the gift wrapping also.  You'll never catch me using a bag.Woman LOL

Only thing frustrating is when I have to search for my tape and scissors

so years ago I started tying both to long pieces of ribbon and drapping

that around my neck.  Problem solved.

I usually do my wrapping on a cold, rainy day with Christmas music playing.

I'm not a very good artist, but I can make pretty packages. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I used to love wrapping presents, centering patterns just so, but my aging body can't take the bending over the table/counter anymore. Now I use those re-usable gift bags. They're not as nice as my presents from prior years, but my back's not screaming for revenge afterwards either. 

Respected Contributor

I love wrapping gifts.  During college I had a part-time job at Parisian's during Christmas break and was taught how to wrap presents............I love all the ribbons, creased edges, and lots of pretty bows.  My extended family always knew who wrapped their presents.  Presentation, presentation, presentation.

Honored Contributor

One of the things I miss the most about Christmas is wrapping presents.

It was hours of sitting on the floor with christmas music playing wrapping my day away!  I used to wrap even some of Santa's gifts for my boys.

Now, the gifts are delivered to the parents.  Nobody here I exchange gifts with.  

The best part of Christmas was seeing the pretty packages under the tree -- watching my boys shake the packages & guess what was in them.  

After that my kids and I always strung popcorn and cranberries for garland for the tree.  I think they had popcorn overload by the time we were done!

Honored Contributor

I love gift wrapping.  Its calming.  I sit on my bed with Chrismas music playing or a Hallmark movie on and I wrap away.  I do gift wrapping for some family and friends.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

For as long as I can remember, I sat under the lit tree leaning against the end table. 

I had a tub of paper behind me, a shopping bag of wired ribbon, and a stack of boxes, and a Kahlua and cream.  I'd wrap for hours.

Our teenage sons would show their friends what I had done, they loved it so much.