Honored Contributor

Re: When there is a holiday decor 'fad'...

@Mominohio

I always avoid fads.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not into the fads. It's taken me years to get my holidays decor how I like it.

We do own a 1959 Chevy apache  truck though and it's not red

. I also have my dad's old red and yellow metal truck he used to play with when he was a little boy in the 1930's. I put it on a shelf in the kitchen with with his metal train.

Respected Contributor

I have an old red pickup that has been part of the family,

for a long time. So, I had to have Valerie’s red truck and I have one I made. Otherwise I’m not into fads, always been 

a “ one of a kind” kind of gal.

I make most of my decorations, and most of my clothes !

Valued Contributor

When the red truck first came out, I loved it but never made a purchase.

I just enjoyed the whimsy of it. 

Is Luminara a fad or just newer technology?  I have Luminara home with no regrets. Woman Very Happy

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

If I like the fad, I will buy one or 2 pieces.

I'm seeing a lot of buffalo plaid this season (both in clothing and decor) and I like it.  I bought a tablecloth and 2 holiday items.  I have a small townhouse, so any more than 2 and it is overwhelming.

As for gray, I cannot tell you how much gray has been pushed on me since I started working on my home decorating project.  At the top of every meeting, my first words are "I'm not interested in gray."  And yet they continue to push it because that's what everyone is doing.

Yes, and stainless steel appliances.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I don't fall for every fad, but I sure fell for the red truck thing, although I expanded it to a red vehicle thing.  I started last Christmas by buying a few red Matchbox vehicles and adding a tree to the top of them, plus a PB pillow and plates decorated with Woody station wagons.  This year, I added a large red truck and some red truck napkin rings.  I'll use these items for several years even though I know they won't be the latest style after this year.  My other must-have is tartan.  I love tartan everything.

Esteemed Contributor

The red truck fad did not interest me  , not a fan at all.

Picks, leaf garland, ornament garland and boa's for snow instead of fluff for my village, tree skirt, mantel and cabinet decorating have made it into my motiff.  It really has modernized and softened the look of my decorations - love it. Q copied the trend of the flocked, thousands of microlights and 15 functions (cheaper version) but way better price met my needs. Thank goodness. 

So many years no new purchases and downsized but am having lots of fun decorating.  

For the first time in my life I have 2 trees and they really look amazing.

Honored Contributor

The red truck fad is cute so I'd be willing to decorate with it for many years. I dislike gray paint and upholstery, so if that was the only color available for a remodel, I wouldn't remodel. It all comes down to individual preferences.

Honored Contributor

Not a fad kind of gal period.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont like to follow trends or fads....I purchase holiday or any seasonal home decor based on the design scheme I want and like for my home......

And seeing something EVERYWHERE makes me tired of it even if I havent purchased it.......not only the truck, but also lanterns (I bought one lantern and because it fit and worked with the vinette and thats enough--but I see lanterns all over, especially at QVC, theres also color trends (and if you dont like the color you are out of luck), and same with design trends Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”