Trusted Contributor

Re: When is Christmas in july?

@Carol08 wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR

@lucymo

Hi All.  Good to see you.  Sorry I haven't stopped by in quite some time but I had to check to see if there was any chit chat on CIJ.  Of course, I should have known there would be....LOL.  I hope you are all well and enjoying some summer weather.  We've had some definite landscape changes in South Florida since Hurricane Irma, but slowly things have gotten cleaned up. Took a long time.  Lucy I hope things are ok on your end.  

Happy Mother' Day to you guys!

@MTH - I lived in Coral Gables during Hurricane Andrew, and know the devastation it caused.  I am glad that things are slowly getting back to normal there.  When I left S. Florida, it still looked like a bomb had hit the area.

@Carol08  Hi Carol.  I was also here during Andrew.  Luckily where I was in Broward at the time, we were very lucky.  Not as lucky this time, but thank goodness everyone was safe.  Could have been much worse.  I still live in Broward but in the more rural area where most of my neighbors have horses, donkeys, sheep, goats, etc. We lost lots of trees and had major fence damage which caused some havoc with the wildlife roaming around here and the trees that survived had a good bit of damage but nothing hit the house, thank goodness.  I don't think you ever forget the sound the hurricane makes like a train coming down the street, do you??  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MTH, So good to hear from you also.  It's been a while, but I figured you might still have some extra work on your hands due to Irma, or at the very least be focused elsewhere as a result of it.  

I'm starting to think a bit about CIJ now also, even though I am not at all in the mood to accumulate any more items right now.  Still, I can't help but look forward to the VPH shows and forum posting anyway.  

Valued Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR

@lucymo

Hi All.  Good to see you.  Sorry I haven't stopped by in quite some time but I had to check to see if there was any chit chat on CIJ.  Of course, I should have known there would be....LOL.  I hope you are all well and enjoying some summer weather.  We've had some definite landscape changes in South Florida since Hurricane Irma, but slowly things have gotten cleaned up. Took a long time.  Lucy I hope things are ok on your end.  

Happy Mother' Day to you guys!

@MTH - I lived in Coral Gables during Hurricane Andrew, and know the devastation it caused.  I am glad that things are slowly getting back to normal there.  When I left S. Florida, it still looked like a bomb had hit the area.

@Carol08  Hi Carol.  I was also here during Andrew.  Luckily where I was in Broward at the time, we were very lucky.  Not as lucky this time, but thank goodness everyone was safe.  Could have been much worse.  I still live in Broward but in the more rural area where most of my neighbors have horses, donkeys, sheep, goats, etc. We lost lots of trees and had major fence damage which caused some havoc with the wildlife roaming around here and the trees that survived had a good bit of damage but nothing hit the house, thank goodness.  I don't think you ever forget the sound the hurricane makes like a train coming down the street, do you??  

@MTH I agree that you never forget the sound the hurricane makes.  Those sounds, and the sights afterward will live in our memory forever.  I still panic when I hear of another hurricane approaching the Southeast coast.  Andrew's eye went right over my home, and the damage was severe.

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@MTH, So good to hear from you also.  It's been a while, but I figured you might still have some extra work on your hands due to Irma, or at the very least be focused elsewhere as a result of it.  

I'm starting to think a bit about CIJ now also, even though I am not at all in the mood to accumulate any more items right now.  Still, I can't help but look forward to the VPH shows and forum posting anyway.  

Hi There.  I don't know where the time has gone and we did have lots of chainsawing and tree removing to get done.  Now we just look empty.  Bummer.  It will take some time to come back.

I really don't need one more Christmas decoration either, but you never know what we might come across so I'm excited to see what comes up, especially from Valerie   and looking forward to some good forum chatting.  

Valued Contributor

lucymo, You have been  on my mind, did see you on the board so hope you are well!

Respected Contributor

I've been working on the plans for our neighborhood Christmas party, and it has really put me in the mood for watching this coming Christmas in July.....looking forward to it. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I assume this is an early April Fool's Day joke.  Who  thinks about CIJ, a mere three months after real Christmas ended...lol

Many of us here think of CIJ throughout the year. We love it, and the fun we have on the boards during that time. 

I see it no different than people who look forward to anything else, birthdays, their family reunion each summer, the annual weekend at the winery with girlfriends etc. It doesn't consume our every moment and day, just something we look forward to each year, and have fun with.

@Mominohio  Amen, Sista.  I've had a lot of life changes in the past months so I'm looking forward to all the fun we have here during CIJ.  I don't need to buy but can just enjoy watching. I'm enjoying the warm weather and the summer activities now but I think of Christmas all through the year.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  I hope they were good life changes. Smiley Happy  Gardening away here, but CIJ is only one and a half months away, unbelievable!

Honored Contributor

😷.  I don't think the date gets selected until June.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  It usually begins July 1.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  It usually begins July 1.

@mousiegirl I just realized I was thinking the Christmas in July weekend.