Honored Contributor

Re: When is Christmas in july?

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I assume this is an early April Fool's Day joke.  Who  thinks about CIJ, a mere three months after real Christmas ended...lol

Many of us here think of CIJ throughout the year. We love it, and the fun we have on the boards during that time. 

I see it no different than people who look forward to anything else, birthdays, their family reunion each summer, the annual weekend at the winery with girlfriends etc. It doesn't consume our every moment and day, just something we look forward to each year, and have fun with.

I totally agree with you, mominohio. I especially love the camaraderie we have on these boards. It's the same excitement we had as children - waiting for Christmas Eve.

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I assume this is an early April Fool's Day joke.  Who  thinks about CIJ, a mere three months after real Christmas ended...lol

Many of us here think of CIJ throughout the year. We love it, and the fun we have on the boards during that time. 

I see it no different than people who look forward to anything else, birthdays, their family reunion each summer, the annual weekend at the winery with girlfriends etc. It doesn't consume our every moment and day, just something we look forward to each year, and have fun with.

I totally agree with you, mominohio. I especially love the camaraderie we have on these boards. It's the same excitement we had as children - waiting for Christmas Eve.

That's incredibly sad.   It's sad to think that there are people who equate life events and family events like birthdays and real holidays and vacations and family reunions.......with a retailer who sells them stuff they want to clear out of the wharehouses before the new stuff comes in.  Which is what CIJ is all about.  It's a sales tactic.  

What is sad is that when people don't understand that what makes them happy isn't always what makes other people happy. As @Carol08 pointed out, it is about the camaraderie we share on the boards during that time, the pre planning for our holiday season, the excitement of a good deal and much more.

And what some people don't understand is that mothers and daughters, sometimes sisters or best friends, get together and watch and celebrate and visit. I don't know how much more truly special something could be than spending time together with people you love, having a good time watching, shopping, planning and enjoying.

It's incredibly sad that someone doesn't 'get it' that it isn't about the retailer. It's about the family, the meaning of the holiday, the shared friendship on these boards, a break in the heat of the summer to relax for a few hours and watch something that is of interest to us. 

What is most incredibly sad is that someone take so much time and effort to rain on someone else's parade about something as insignificant to them as some mid summer tv programming they have a hatred for. That my friends, is what is sad.

Valued Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

That's incredibly sad.   It's sad to think that there are people who equate life events and family events like birthdays and real holidays and vacations and family reunions.......with a retailer who sells them stuff they want to clear out of the wharehouses before the new stuff comes in.  Which is what CIJ is all about.  It's a sales tactic.  

What is sad is that when people don't understand that what makes them happy isn't always what makes other people happy. As @Carol08 pointed out, it is about the camaraderie we share on the boards during that time, the pre planning for our holiday season, the excitement of a good deal and much more.

And what some people don't understand is that mothers and daughters, sometimes sisters or best friends, get together and watch and celebrate and visit. I don't know how much more truly special something could be than spending time together with people you love, having a good time watching, shopping, planning and enjoying.

It's incredibly sad that someone doesn't 'get it' that it isn't about the retailer. It's about the family, the meaning of the holiday, the shared friendship on these boards, a break in the heat of the summer to relax for a few hours and watch something that is of interest to us. 

What is most incredibly sad is that someone take so much time and effort to rain on someone else's parade about something as insignificant to them as some mid summer tv programming they have a hatred for. That my friends, is what is sad.

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Mominohio

I totally agree with everything you said, mominohio. These are words of wisdom, and I deeply appreciate what you said.  They convey my thoughts exactly. It is such fun to come on these forum boards to discuss what we like......and plan "virtual parties" with each other......even though we live across the country from each other. You are such a blessing to this group!

Honored Contributor

@Carol08

What a sweet thing to say! 

I do notice how kind and fun you are when you participate here, and I do miss the CIJ people who seem to post less often during the 'off season'. 

It does become a bit of a family reunion during July, when people we don't keep up with much the rest of the year, come 'home' to this forum and reconnect. 

And yes! We do have little virtual parties, sometimes right through the night, with silliness and good natured teasing! I'm always amazed how anyone new to the forum is just taken right in made to feel part of the family. 

I've said it before here, and I'll say it again. The holiday forum was suggested/created by Alberti, and done I believe, because holiday topics over took other forums (like home). QVC was nice enough to give us a specific place where we could discuss all things holiday (any holiday) any time of the year. Why people feel the need to come to a forum with the title "Holiday" and complain about us talking about holidays is beyond me. It's like going to the pet forum just to post "I hate dogs". I guess it is within the rules of the boards and one's right to do so, but really, what is the point?

Honored Contributor

@bonnie fwrote:

Omg dont want to even think about it  lol i still have a pile of snow outside.. I know its just for the deals lol but i wanna think sun  and sand 

@bonnie f

I've had enough of winter too! And not even as effected as those on the east coast have been this year!

I will say, the surest way to warm weather and sunshine is CIJ....just because it happens in July! LOL

Valued Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@Carol08

What a sweet thing to say! 

I do notice how kind and fun you are when you participate here, and I do miss the CIJ people who seem to post less often during the 'off season'. 

It does become a bit of a family reunion during July, when people we don't keep up with much the rest of the year, come 'home' to this forum and reconnect. 

And yes! We do have little virtual parties, sometimes right through the night, with silliness and good natured teasing! I'm always amazed how anyone new to the forum is just taken right in made to feel part of the family. 

I've said it before here, and I'll say it again. The holiday forum was suggested/created by Alberti, and done I believe, because holiday topics over took other forums (like home). QVC was nice enough to give us a specific place where we could discuss all things holiday (any holiday) any time of the year. Why people feel the need to come to a forum with the title "Holiday" and complain about us talking about holidays is beyond me. It's like going to the pet forum just to post "I hate dogs". I guess it is within the rules of the boards and one's right to do so, but really, what is the point?

I think we should give a "shout out" to Alberti and QVC for creating the holiday forum boards. 

I noticed the same thing as you - how newcomers are welcomed here, and made to feel right at home.  I do consider this group as part of my family and friends. We have such fun here, and I get uplifted every time I come here......especially with posters like you.

If someone doesn't want to participate on this holiday board, then please go elsewhere. Please don't criticize those of us who enjoy celebrating the holidays. We welcome anyone who would like to join us, with open arms.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2wrote:

When is Christmas in July?

Way too often all through July (and continuing till Christmas in December).

@insomniac2  Once a month, unlike clothing which is every day.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

@chrystaltree  The big CIJ weekend brings all or mostly new items.

Respected Contributor

I LOVE Christmas in July. I crank the A/C way down....turn on my electric fireplace, bake some brownies, light a Christmas candle and just enjoy myself.

Not a bad plan................................Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hahaha! I've been thinking about Christmas In July since January!

Honored Contributor

I really like Christmas in July.  IMO they put out the best Christmas items then, items which frequently are not available later on.