Honored Contributor

Re: When is Christmas in july?

Some people have to ask for vacation days months in advance and do take vacation around CIJ programming. I know my husband has to schedule all vacation for the year on or before Jan 1st. (not that he will be worried about scheduling around CIJ LOL).

And yes, for those serious about buying holiday decor, the most and best comes out in July along with the best pricing. The rest of the year is left over stuff, and by October has moved to 'gift' items, that are really just the same old products, boxed up for holiday sales. 

I'm purging and have no plans to buy a single holiday decor item, but I will still be watching and loving CIJ! 

Honored Contributor

I assume this is an early April Fool's Day joke.  Who  thinks about CIJ, a mere three months after real Christmas ended...lol

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree  OR  you could say CIJ is a mere three months away.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I love Christmas in July.  The shows are refreshing during the hot and humid summer months.The prices are lower, and there is a greater selection. I love reading the forum boards about Christmas in July.  The ladies (and men) are as excited as I am....... looking forward to the shows.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltreewrote:

I assume this is an early April Fool's Day joke.  Who  thinks about CIJ, a mere three months after real Christmas ended...lol

Many of us here think of CIJ throughout the year. We love it, and the fun we have on the boards during that time. 

I see it no different than people who look forward to anything else, birthdays, their family reunion each summer, the annual weekend at the winery with girlfriends etc. It doesn't consume our every moment and day, just something we look forward to each year, and have fun with.

Trusted Contributor

Omg dont want to even think about it  lol i still have a pile of snow outside.. I know its just for the deals lol but i wanna think sun  and sand 

Valued Contributor

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

Many of us here think of CIJ throughout the year. We love it, and the fun we have on the boards during that time. 

I see it no different than people who look forward to anything else, birthdays, their family reunion each summer, the annual weekend at the winery with girlfriends etc. It doesn't consume our every moment and day, just something we look forward to each year, and have fun with.

I totally agree with you, mominohio. I especially love the camaraderie we have on these boards. It's the same excitement we had as children - waiting for Christmas Eve.

Respected Contributor

When is Christmas in July?

Way too often all through July (and continuing till Christmas in December).

Honored Contributor

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

I totally agree with you, mominohio. I especially love the camaraderie we have on these boards. It's the same excitement we had as children - waiting for Christmas Eve.

@Carol08wrote:

@Mominohiowrote:

@chrystaltreewrote:

That's incredibly sad.   It's sad to think that there are people who equate life events and family events like birthdays and real holidays and vacations and family reunions.......with a retailer who sells them stuff they want to clear out of the wharehouses before the new stuff comes in.  Which is what CIJ is all about.  It's a sales tactic.  

Valued Contributor

@Chrystaltre 

I don't think it is sad at all. Many of us love Christmas in July - and August, September, October, November, & December. The more Christmas shows, the merrier.