Respected Contributor

Re: When is Christmas in july?

She is asking what weekend in July, I'm sure she knows it's in the month of July. Kind of a rude reply.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the great info.  You are my new best friend!  (Really miss the printed InsideQ magazine which would be outlining the July schedule & a few of the TSVs by now.)  

New Contributor

There was one year when they did a Christmas in June event, but they haven't done it since.  I want to say they did a Christmas in May event too, but I could be wrong about that.

I kind of wish they would do the Christmas in June event again.

Respected Contributor

@SHARQ wrote:

There was one year when they did a Christmas in June event, but they haven't done it since.  I want to say they did a Christmas in May event too, but I could be wrong about that.

I kind of wish they would do the Christmas in June event again.

When was that? I don't remember that at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Carol08 wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@SHOPR

@lucymo

Hi All.  Good to see you.  Sorry I haven't stopped by in quite some time but I had to check to see if there was any chit chat on CIJ.  Of course, I should have known there would be....LOL.  I hope you are all well and enjoying some summer weather.  We've had some definite landscape changes in South Florida since Hurricane Irma, but slowly things have gotten cleaned up. Took a long time.  Lucy I hope things are ok on your end.  

Happy Mother' Day to you guys!

@MTH - I lived in Coral Gables during Hurricane Andrew, and know the devastation it caused.  I am glad that things are slowly getting back to normal there.  When I left S. Florida, it still looked like a bomb had hit the area.

@MTH, How wonderful to hear from you.  We were all concerned for your safety during Irma, but someone told us you were safe.  My DGD was in Homestead and her house was damaged beyond being livable without major repairs.  They were away when the storm hit and have now been transferred to an area near Sarasota. They lost most of their home furnishings from water damage.  I saw your description of the storm 'train' sound.  We have been through a tornado and that's the sound this one made too.

On a lighter note, the CIJ will help all of us with the chatting going on.  I'm hoping that it won't be buying for me as I have decided to cut back on the decor.  I have purged a lot of my decor and hoping I will use some imagination and do more with what I kept. I'm still crazy for pretty Reindeer though but used less of what I have last year.

Again, it's great to see you posting again.  Hope your area will all be restored as well as it can be soon.  Just glad you are safe and your home was spared damage.

@lucymo  Hi Lucy. So glad to see you back around. I'm sorry to hear you've had a rough time of things but sounds like you are doing the best that can be done.  Know we were all thinking of you and you were missed.  

Can't complain on my end about the storm. Lots of landscape and fencing damage, but nothing to the house and little by little the yard is coming around.  We consider ourselves very lucky. It was a scary few days but many had it worse, especially Puerto Rico who is still suffering.  

I can't wait for CIJ either.  You are right that everyone seems to find their way back here when CIJ rolls around.  The glue that binds us all together it seems.  I hope we all get reminded of how many reindeer we have when Valerie's shows come around.  I don't know where I'd put another one.  

@MTH  Thank you for the kind words.  Yes, I'm a bit like a rubber ball, always bounce back.

I think I can be persuaded to get another Reindeer if it's something really special.  I passed on P1 'deer' last season even though I really loved them, common sense won out. Enough is enough, really.

Looking forward to seeing just what QVC will bring us this year.  I thought they did quite well last time.  I just love all things Christmas but have finally learned that I don't have to own them all.

I was on the road yesterday and saw Garage and Yard sales.  I wondered what kind of Christmas things might be there.  But, pressed for time, didn't stop to check anything.  I'm sure sometimes there are some of the same items we all have from QVC.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo Last year I went to a church garage sale and found a box of early  red Shiny Brite ornaments. I can't wait to retire and look for more - even QVC items!

Super Contributor

My best guess would be probably in JULY!!!

Respected Contributor

Program guide says Sunday July 1st.    31st annual Christmas in July Kick-off!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@banned again

It was several years back, I can't remember exactly which year though, maybe 4-5 years ago.  I think they only did it that one year.  I guess it wasn't very popular since they haven't done it since.

Occasional Contributor

Have to say I always look forward to CIJ too. It's much easier for me to relax, plan and enjoy while watching in July then when the holidays are right on top of us. I miss that printed inside Q mag too! What I'm hoping for:

More ornament sets for Lenox, these just make such great gits and of course one for me.

Bags - tried those drawstring bags for the first time last year, they were so much easier and everyone loved them.

VPH did such a great job last year, looking forward to what she has planned this year.

Homeworx candles - good gift items and some for me too!

What are you all hoping for?

Honored Contributor

@Sweet Southern wrote:

Have to say I always look forward to CIJ too. It's much easier for me to relax, plan and enjoy while watching in July then when the holidays are right on top of us. I miss that printed inside Q mag too! What I'm hoping for:

More ornament sets for Lenox, these just make such great gits and of course one for me.

Bags - tried those drawstring bags for the first time last year, they were so much easier and everyone loved them.

VPH did such a great job last year, looking forward to what she has planned this year.

Homeworx candles - good gift items and some for me too!

What are you all hoping for?

@Sweet Southern  Some buying restraint, lol.  I hope Q will bring what you want.