Honored Contributor

Re: When do you start Christmas Decorating?

I might do it the weekend before Thanksgiving.  We're going to be busy Thanksgiving and the weekend after. 

I usually decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I want to enjoy it and have it all finished and ready to go.

Regular Contributor

We put the lights on the outside of the house the weekend of Thanksgiving. Since we get a real tree, we don't put that up until the around the second week in December. We've made the mistake of getting the tree too early and by Christmas, it's dried out!

Respected Contributor

@qshpr89 wrote:

@CherryHugs I am changing it up this year.  Usually I start the weekend before Thanksgiving and then finish up after. This year I am starting this weekend.  I know it's early, but I will be traveling for work in December and figured this way when I host Thanksgiving the weekend after I will only have to do the outside.  I'm just hoping I"m not tired of the decorations and changing batteries (LOL!) by Christmas.  .

@qshpr89  No matter when I decorate, I don't turn on my battery-powered things that I know use a lot of power until 2 weeks before Christmas. My Valerie Parr Hill mecury glass trees are a good example...their batteries only last about 3 weeks! Flameless candles, on the other hand, last for months. They're gold, and stay on my mantel year-round. I turn them on when the time changes, and just let the timer run them til the batteries run out--usually sometime in March.