Honored Contributor

Re: When You Run Out Of Christmas Stamps....

We had a few Christmas left over from Christmas's past.  WAY past.  Then some people were treated to cards with FROGS, or state names, or such on them.  I don't get worked up about that.

It was the first time in many years we've even sent cards--a result of people we miss seeing being sequestered.

Nothing wrong with having a Christmas frog is there?  Those are my favorite stamps ever--I love frogs! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

We had a few Christmas left over from Christmas's past.  WAY past.  Then some people were treated to cards with FROGS, or state names, or such on them.  I don't get worked up about that.

It was the first time in many years we've even sent cards--a result of people we miss seeing being sequestered.

Nothing wrong with having a Christmas frog is there?  Those are my favorite stamps ever--I love frogs! 

@Sooner  Love it!

Esteemed Contributor

To me a stamp is a stamp. Heck this year I put Halloween stamps on Christmas cards.

Honored Contributor

No lines at our post office. We bought some with scenic America and red/green Christmas designs on them. Still have about forty to use.

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

To me a stamp is a stamp. Heck this year I put Halloween stamps on Christmas cards.

@Meowingkitty  Hahaha!

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Lovs2shop  they had some very pretty stamps this year. I usually buy the Madonna and Child.

Yes, the Christmas stamps this year were beautiful.  I purchased two sheets of the Madonna and Child.  I was running low on Forever stamps, so I placed a huge order on the USPS web site for all kinds of stamps.  I love the Maryflower stamp and the Winter Scenes stamps.   

Super Contributor

Well this made me LOL!  The Wednesday before Thanksgiving my daughter had off but not her husband.  My daughter a teacher, with a 5 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old has not sent Christmas cards out since the first Christmas of the first child!!!

My friends always mention this to me.  This year she got the kids dressed, took the pics, baby would not smile but went ahead, ordered the cards in record time.  She text me for a few addresses and said, "Mom, I don't have Christmas stamps, do you think it will matter?"   I told her of course not, just send them out.  When I went to the PO for myself I got Christmas forever stamps and sent to her in my card for her, she will have them next year.  When I was writing my cards I had almost a whole sheet from last year of my Christmas stamps.

The cards are out and three people mentioned to me it was a shame the baby was not smiling!

Esteemed Contributor

@Neetgal2  Hahaha! Totally true! You worry about one thing, and then....

Frequent Contributor

You only have to use one Forever stamp if it's a regular first class card with no extra weight. I buy all my stamps online from USPS and you can get a variety.!Christmas stamps are always available. I buy them every year early so I have them readily available. I always buy the stamps with birds on them and there are several cardinals.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  This year rather than chance lines at the post office I used my roll of forever flag stamps, then put a Christmas return label and decorative seal on the back. 
 I think people will understand!

💌  📬