Esteemed Contributor

Re: When Do Your Christmas Decorations Go Up?

It's just the 2 of us....we don't entertain anymore, and we spend holiday get-togethers with family at their homes. So - I'll get my little ceramic tree out a couple of weeks before Christmas. Other than that I don't do much seasonal decorating anymore.

Honored Contributor

I don't do much decorating for Christmas anymore.  Sometime between the day after Thanksgiving and December 1st I will hang my wreath on the front door.  I have two or three small nativity sets that I put out.  This year I ordered a Mr. Christmas lighted tree from Amazon.  I'm excited about putting it out.  That's about all I do.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I put mine up on Nov 1st this year. I dont usually.  Dont have a tree and not sure if I will buy one or not.  I will put the wreath on the door later in the month or when I see others decorating outside.Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

If we are home, the day after Thanksgiving and everything comes down the day after Christmas....along with a heavy house cleaning.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The day after Thanksgiving! I spend that Friday all day decorating! My Granddaughters are coming down and helping and then spend the night! 

Honored Contributor

I'm targeting the dates of Nov. 16 to 20 to start decorating indoors.  I love Christmas and always decorate each room for the season.  Decorations stay up through Epiphany (Jan. 6th).   I make my own wreaths for the front and back doors so the time frame depends on when I finish them in terms of outdoor decor.  I don't have all the supplies needed for them at this time. 

I have a lot of Christopher Radko pieces, a Santa collection, a Snowmen collection and an Angel collection that I use in room by room decor.  I also have a 6'-7' pencil tree filled with old and new ornaments.  I have a Nativity set that is displayed on my living room sofa table.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

I normally put it all up the first weekend in December and then it comes down on NewYears day. I enjoy it while it's up but I'm always anxious to get the house back to normal again! 

Esteemed Contributor

The evening of Thanksgiving or the next day.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown