Respected Contributor

When Do Your Christmas Decorations Go Up?

I talked to my GF on Halloween and she said she has all her Fall decorations down and spent a day and a half putting up her Christmas Decorations.

I have a GF in  hot Texas who has a ceiling  decorated Christmas Tree up all year round. I have a neighbor who is a single man put his Outside decorations up the second week of October. He only lights them the week of Christmas. That might be as our weather can vary by 30 degrees.

I have a couple of items that I  recently ordered and put out rather than store and take out again.  I think I will slowly take down Fall and slowly bring out Christmas with the Wintry ones first. I tend to have smaller trees and  small other items. I do a Gingerbread village  (VPH) on my coffee table that I enjoy as reminds me of Christmas Markets.

When and how do you decorate if at all? Just curious?

Honored Contributor

Re: When Do Your Christmas Decorations Go Up?

Right after TG.

Respected Contributor

Last year I started in early but just not feeling it yet.  Shopping is done so i can start in anytime.  Maybe wait until Thanksgiving. 

Honored Contributor

I put them out two or three weeks prior to Christmas.  If I did it earlier, I'm sure I'd be putting them away well before the holiday; I like my things but can take the clutter only so long.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gorgf  I'll decorate as soon as my family leaves after Thanksgiving I really love my fall decorations, and I want to keep that vibe for TG.

Honored Contributor

The few decorations I put up go up Thanksgiving weekend.

Respected Contributor

IF I do any decorating, it's just a tree. I'll haul that out of the basement when I head back north, sometime around mid December. I usually don't bother with it though as even when I'm "home", I'm rarely there for anything other than sleeping, particularly around the holidays. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I use to do it right after Thanksgiving. If I decorate this year, it will just be whenever I am in the mood, and it won't be all out like it usually is.

Esteemed Contributor

We always do ours Thanksgiving weekend.  I agree with others that I like to keep my fall decor out for Thanksgiving day.  I like to enjoy my decorations for awhile as it is a bit of work taking them all out and storing them again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t decorate like years ago.  But....the tree goes up TG weekend and stays up for about 5 weeks.  I have a few fall pieces now. A nice centerpiece on my coffe table and a few pumpkins scattered.  I love the calming affect of my Christmas tree every night.  

I bought a VPH silver table top tree I will add that possibly to an end table or with greens on the DR table.  

I don't decorate for other holidays, maybe fresh flowers with seasonal ribbon.  But always something seasonal on the front door.  Winter, Spring, Americana, Fall, Christmas.  Maybe 5 or 6 changes a year.