Trusted Contributor

Okay ~ today I received # H208703, the glitter berry garland in the frosted snow choice by Valerie.  I ordered three of them to go in our bay window (not cheap totaling $118.00)!  I just opened them up and noticed many of the "berries" are stuck together, it stinks of paint and here's the biggest thing ~ the berries that are white have many that have very little if any glitter on them.  You can clearly see that they are styrofoam.  This is really disappointing as I purchased one of the same garland this past fall in the copper/taupe choice and it's gorgeous!  I really hope this isn't an indication of where the quality is going.  Would you consider these items defective?  Do you guys think you would keep them given the flaws I described?  Thanks in advance!

Valued Contributor

I would consider them defective and would not keep them. For $118 you should be completely satisfied. From your description, it sounds like quality is lacking. I don't think it is reasonable for the berries to be stuck together or having a strong odor of paint. Styrofoam is disturbing too. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Contributor

First be sure to take a picture of it and then definitely return it, what a shame.

Respected Contributor

For what you paid, these items should be in perfect condition. Return them, they are defective.  Get a refund and think twice before ordering stuff like this again. 

Trusted Contributor

@Julie928.    I would @take pictures and contact customer service asking for a full refund including the original s&h charges. That is way to much to pay for items that are totally unusable.  I would return using their label, use original box and stuffing and get a receipt from the USPS to prove I had mailed the item and when.

I don't think you will have a problem getting a full refund but I would cover all the angles just in case.  If you would feel better because of the large sum you paid I would contact a monitor here before I returned my purchase.  They are great at making sure things get done.

Trusted Contributor

Return all of them, no question and get S/H charges back also.

A lot of Valeries things were at the outlet looking like that. Never buy any of her stuff because of the way it looked.  IMO!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What would you do?

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the quality of stuff you can buy at a dollar store......it would be a definite return for me.....but it's a pain to do so.....that's why I don't do alot of online shopping anymore....

Honored Contributor

I would return as defective.  It's disappointing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie928 I agree that you should return them. And I can sympothize with you completely. I bought three of the door hangers with the three bells. The first I opened was  so cheap looking, I didn't even take the others out of their boxes. I have some Valerie Christmas items that are so elegant and lovely, that I was shocked by the way this looked. My struggle started with writing the review. I don't want to write a bad review if I don't have to, and I guess I could have left it alone. But, I was so crestfallen, I had to write something. My husband and I struggled with a one, two or three star - just because we didn't want to be mean. But, to tell you the truth, it should have been a one star and we gave it a two star.

Honored Contributor

@Julie928

I would definitely think they should be returned and Q should pay for the return fees.

Sadly, most of these things I think sit in a warehouse and are old.  Or they are last year stock.

I don't know if you have a hobby lobby near you - I was in there today they have beautiful garlands.  Of course, they are full and berries are perfect yet they are sometimes $79.99.  You can use your 40% coupon and soon they will be 40% off w/o coupon.

Sometimes I think with the shipping/handling one can find nicer things in traditional stores.