Trusted Contributor

Re: What was your favorite Xmas gift received this year?

[ Edited ]

iPad 6th Generation. I bought one for DH and one for me. 128GB  Love my iPad. It replaced an Ipad Air 2 with 64 GB. My darling GD got my Air 2 and she's just tickled pink.

Contributor

My daughter got married on New Years Eve so our home was filed with family and friends from Christmas Eve til New Year’s Day, and while we kept our same traditions and gift giving habits it just had a more festive and joyous feeling!  So I guess my favorite gift would be that I got a new Son-in-law that I love as much as my own children!! 

Respected Contributor

Seeing my only grandchild (he'll be one next week), who was visiting from Virginia. Unfortunately, I was enduring a cold, so I couldn't hold him. But seeing him was priceless to me.

Contributor

Honored Contributor

@queendiva

Your post makes me stop and think!

How often do we take seeing our loved one’s faces for granted! 

Cannot imagine what joy that must have been for you seeing your son!

So my favorite gift,  I must remember, was seeing our family (DD,DSIL, and grands) who live in another state, and of course, having each other to travel with and be together!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I got sweet gifts from my family and friends, but my best gift were 2 gifts that were answers to my prayers. My nephew who is like a son to us got a DUI last spring and after going through so much to work toward getting his license back, he has been sober ever since, attending AA meetings regularly and  has finally admitted he had a problem. The other gift was as a music director at a small church with a background that also includes the ability to direct a handbell choir, sadly the church had no money for such a thing. Three octaves of handbells sells for $10,600.00. A church in our area of the same denomination closed and had a three-octave set just setting there -- unused for years. They gave them to our church, and so I've spent a lot of time getting things ready to start a handbell choir. The bells have been polished with the help of 2 of my choir members, and I repaired the ones that needed repair. I have 13 ringers signed up to start on January 23. I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!  It truly was an answer to my prayers.

Briggsie

Honored Contributor

That I had a loving husband who worked with me to help clear all the excess clutter from our home before midnight Jan 1st 2019! This included him cleaning out his own areas/closet.

No other gift would have been greater than zen/peace Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

A Comfy sweatshirt blanket and a vest from Tractor Supply.

Honored Contributor

From my Goddaughter ..... a sterling silver bracelet that spells out Godmother in morse code. 

Honored Contributor

Two items.  One was from my oldest daughter.  She had made for me various pictures of my 7 grandchildren (and she and her sisters with me).  The last one was of my late husband and myself walking under the Honor Guards right after we got married.  What was it?  It was the back of my cell phone holder/guard.  So I always have my favorite people in the world with me wherever I go.

The second was a 5X7 frameless picture of my youngest daughter and her dog and myself on visits to her house.  This is the second one she gave me.  They are a matching pair.  I love looking at the collage. She also gave me a pillow that has various pictures of everyone on it.

My daughters love Snapchat and so do I.