Trusted Contributor

Re: What was your favorite Xmas gift received this year?

A gift card to the spa where I get my hair and nails done.  I will certainly put that to good use!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

You're so lucky.  I love Levian Chocolate Diamonds.  I can't count the number of times, I've looked at them.  There's something about that inner glow that they have.  That deep whisky color with the glow that bursts out.  

Honored Contributor

DH and I don’t exchange gifts since we buy throughout the year wants and needs.

Our 4 year old great nephew painted a bird feeder made from a gord. It’s on the mantle now since it’s too cute to put outside.

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@ECBG

You're so lucky.  I love Levian Chocolate Diamonds.  I can't count the number of times, I've looked at them.  There's something about that inner glow that they have.  That deep whisky color with the glow that bursts out.  

@chrystaltreeThank you.  I had worked in Belk FJ for 5 years after killing my sciatic nerve at Dillards after teaching.  All I lacked was the formal gemologist training. (It killed me that I couldn't be in the Ralph Lauren area as a stylist.)

I left because of a toxic coworker and a floor mgr had the audicity to threaten me.  I'd get that ring out constantly and try it on.  When I walked out, I didn't think to buy that ring.  It's in very short supply and I almost lost it.  I had to trace this ring down.  On line was out of stock everywhere so I called Charlotte, NC where the home offices had been and found it.

I also have the origonal 2 ct. oval solitare chocolate engagement ring that had the fitting wedding band.  I wear it as a solitare.

Trusted Contributor

an alexander mcqueen clutch from my husband. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1....if your son is handy with a computer and a photo program, he could combine the two photos and print to size...we own a printing business and so I am able to do things like that for myself and friends when needed.

Esteemed Contributor

Better than all the lovely material gifts I got this year was a 5 minute conversation I had with my son on Christmas Eve. He told me that I was his hero & the lessons I taught him will be with him for the rest of his life.He said that he hopes to do for his kids someday what I did for him.

My heart is full. I’m very blessed.

Super Contributor

gifts to myself: peace and quiet and NOT being on the roads! lots of xmas music, a new smaller tree so I don't have to climb up on a ladder for fear of falling.

gifts of warmth: new Slanket (love the foot slip and kangaroo pocket!), slippers, boots, throw, and fabulous plush sheets. 

Trusted Contributor

Best gift, my Mom feeling better.  She was in/out of hospital visits, PCP visits - nothing found.  Finally, a few weekends ago, a rash developed on her back & onto the front so she went to PCP the following Mon. & was told she had shingles.  I am happy to say the meds helped her recovery by the 4th week & she's beginning to return to her social activities.  She's 88 & happy to see her return to her old self again.

2nd best gift, all of our heath.

Trusted Contributor

@GCR18

That's very nice of you to say.  

It's not always about the gift, but also the meaning behind it.  I hope your sister continues improving.