Trusted Contributor

What was your favorite Xmas gift received this year?

Mine was the gift I gave myself:

Casa Zeta-Jones reversible velvet soft signature rose robe and a matching throw.

Honored Contributor

Re: What was your favorite Xmas gift received this year?

My favorite gift was a $20 Starbucks gift card from my sister.  While I love the card, it wasn't about the card.  My sister was able to pick it out herself, that was the present.  Short story is she's had issues the last couple years.  

Honored Contributor

A kindle gift card, shopping for books is my happy place .❤️❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I love the cards from my family.  The words are very important to me.  I don't buy myself gifts because then it's not really a gift.  I love giving a meaningful gift.  I did give my daughter a print of a St. Therese saying.  I framed it myself.  I am hoping the words give her strength and peace. 

Honored Contributor

Usually, hubby asks for a list of what I want and he chooses a couple of things from that list but this year, he decided to choose his own gifts for me.  He bought me a pair of natural yellow and white diamond earrings.  I love them, they complete my yellow diamond suite.  I bought the ring and pendant myself and he knows how much I love them.    He also gave me a faux fur coat, its lovely.  Dressier than I would have bought.  It's faux mink, Slinky. It's an open style, he even bought a Slinky stretch belt that coordinates with the coat.  I do prefer the coat open.   I love it because he obviously liked it and thought it would look good on me.  It's actually not something I would have asked for or thought of buying for myself.  I know it's a cliche but I can dress it up or dress it down. 

Respected Contributor

A beautiful Radley of London handbag and a Barbara Bixby silver necklace - bot unexpected.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Mine was the gift I gave myself:

Casa Zeta-Jones reversible velvet soft signature rose robe and a matching throw.

Sounds lovely--I bet you are enjoying both. I like practical gifts like the ones you chose for myself. Everyone deserves something nice to pamper themselves with. 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

My favorite gift was a $20 Starbucks gift card from my sister.  While I love the card, it wasn't about the card.  My sister was able to pick it out herself, that was the present.  Short story is she's had issues the last couple years.  

How wonderful, it sounds like this gift was especially meaningful to you. 

Super Contributor

That my family was here.  I am 65 and have all the material things I need. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

A kindle gift card, shopping for books is my happy place .❤️❤️

What a perfect gift, I also love reading.