Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was your childhood Christmas decor like?

I think I was the one who first said tacky.  I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings about any specific decoration.  I have fond memories of early childhood Christmases and of the decorations I remember, which are the ones I posted pictures of.  I think those of us who can remember, smile, laugh and joke about those things are lucky, because many can't look back to that time of life as a happy time.  

Here is what I said:

"Looking back, those were tacky times, but they are happy memories, and that is what matters."

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

So very sad this is the last night of CIJ. We are having such fun, aren't we?!

@Mominohio - it has been fun, but it is time.  Besides, there's always the 25th of Aug!  Just watch for the threads screaming about "more Christmas in all this heat" lol

@Mominohio  Yes, it is sad but a lot of keep in touch anyway.  We have to go make more money in case one of the vendors come up with something really new.  Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

@Mominohio - it has been fun, but it is time.  Besides, there's always the 25th of Aug!  Just watch for the threads screaming about "more Christmas in all this heat" lol

@Buck-i-Nana @lucymo  I missed the first twnty minutes of the show as I thought it began at 6:00 PST.

@mousiegirl  Were you taking a nap? lol  I saw two different time schedules but it was 7:00 for me.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio @Buck-i-Nana Do you think those new mg finials and trees look lopsided, or is it just the camera angle?  Some of them look a little peculiar to me.

@RazorSharp  Talk about warm lights in the silver trees and pedestals.  I thought they were champagne until she said they were silver.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

@Buck-i-Nana  I can hear the whining already.  But, I don't let anyone rain on my Christmas parade.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Mominohio @Buck-i-Nana Do you think those new mg finials and trees look lopsided, or is it just the camera angle?  Some of them look a little peculiar to me.

@RazorSharp  Talk about warm lights in the silver trees and pedestals.  I thought they were champagne until she said they were silver.

@lucymo, They never looked silver to me!  I thought it was just my tv.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

@Buck-i-Nana @lucymo  I missed the first twnty minutes of the show as I thought it began at 6:00 PST.

@mousiegirl  Were you taking a nap? lol  I saw two different time schedules but it was 7:00 for me.

@lucymo  No nap, I was moving tons of seasonal birdie figures from a kitchen drawer to a deep drawer in the red room, always trying to get better organized, and now I can put the seasonal placemats in the kitchen drawer where they belong, lol,

Well, I knew as soon as I said I would not buy the berry garlands, I bought two of the red and green, hopefully for one of both chandeliers, that is if I can get it situated properly.  I bought the red and green eggs like the spring mercury glass a few weeks ago, for one chandelier unless there are enough for both, may change my mind by then, so hope it works.

Honored Contributor

@MominohioWoman Sad

We'll all be back in August.

Respected Contributor

It was the 1950s, and my dad rimmed the house with lights outside, we had lighted wreaths in every window, and when we were little, Santa Claus brought the tree, so we went to bed Christmas Eve with no tree and woke up to sheer magic-- a huge natural tree laden with lights, ornaments, and tinsel and surrounded by an American Flyer train set, piles of presents, bicycles, whatever. When we were older, our parents began putting up the tree much earlier, and I loved the pine scent wafting through the house for weeks. We always sang Silent Night in German, even though my mother's family had come from Germany in the 1840s more than 100 years earlier. My dad's family had come from England in 1633, so I'm afraid he had no foreign language carols to teach us, but he joined in on "Stille Nacht."

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo  No nap, I was moving tons of seasonal birdie figures from a kitchen drawer to a deep drawer in the red room, always trying to get better organized, and now I can put the seasonal placemats in the kitchen drawer where they belong, lol,

Well, I knew as soon as I said I would not buy the berry garlands, I bought two of the red and green, hopefully for one of both chandeliers, that is if I can get it situated properly.  I bought the red and green eggs like the spring mercury glass a few weeks ago, for one chandelier unless there are enough for both, may change my mind by then, so hope it works.

@mousiegirl  It's ok, we never hold anybody to their word when it comes to ordering Christmas decor, or any other holiday.  lol