Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's on the Menu for Easter?

I used to make traditional dinners but now ask guests what they're in the mood for. Grandson immediately said -- NACHOS. Okay, I made that and son's favorite - chicken/mushroom burritos with chopped veggies and gooey sauce. Apple crisp with ice cream. Simple stuff. Leftovers go home with son's family. A lovely, simple day.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Baked ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, harvard beets, cole slaw, lemon meringue pie, coffee, iced tea

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

easter is just another sunday for me.....not a holiday....never was....

And how very kind of you to share this today.  

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1,  your menu sounded absolutely delicious.  And a Happy Easter to you too.

We had to have our Easter dinner on Saturday, since our son has his part time job at a restaurant and today was their big day-- he had to go to work right after church, and he's still there now...

So Saturday we had roast pork, scalloped potatoes, fresh asparagus and chunky applesauce.  Dessert was a Pepperidge Farm lemon cake, ha!

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  We had pepperidge farms choc. cake DH wanted it but the coconut cake or lemon cake is my favorite. I love those cakes why bother baking one. I just cut enough for two of us plus put ther rest back in the freezer. We had ham steak, deviled eggs, cole slaw, green beans, & potato salad ( when I am ever going to learn to make potato salad in a smaller bowl.) Just have a little ham leftover for a sandwich. DH loves potato salad so hope we can finish that up soon. 

Respected Contributor

Is this made at home by you ? Very cute.

Honored Contributor

Yum to your menu, @sissel!  Love deviled eggs also.  We have tried both the coconut and lemon Pepperidge Farm cakes and fond of both!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  You won't believe this.  I bought the Pepperidge Farm Lemon cake too!  lol  You dinner sounds delicious.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@jubilant   The lemon filled flowers are lovely and I bet they taste good too!

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

That sounds yumm.