Esteemed Contributor

Re: What's on the Menu for Easter?

I am barbecuing. Chicken, riblets, sausage, and fajitas. Sides will be Mexican rice, charro beans, potato salad and  avocado 🥑 tomato 🍅 salad. For dessert I made my Easter Cake 

C1D294BD-A34F-461E-AA26-9DBFCA65AA5E.jpeg

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm having BBQ ribs and baked potatoes, along with corn on the cob.  This will be the first year that the family isn't getting together, but we're just postponing the get together for a couple of weeks when everyone is available. 

Hope to make enough to have leftovers for Monday lunch.  

Maybe I'll make an angel food cake too - they had strawberries on sale today and I got 3 baskets!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

We're heading to the Mexican restaurant just up the street from us.  I called yesterday to ask if they'll be open and they are!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

Leg o Lamb. That is our tradition since I was a little girl. The sides always change though. Whatever anyone dicides to bring. I'm making roasted potatos and my kids all bring the rest.

Respected Contributor

We’re going out to dinner and I’m ordering roast leg of lamb! 

Respected Contributor

Roast leg of lamb, roasted potatoes, spinach in oil with garlic and mushrooms, mashed turnips, roasted carrots in maple syrup & dill, asparagus, mint jelly, wine, rolls and Lemon Meringue Pie for dessert!

Honored Contributor

Since we already had our Easter a day early, today we have reservations at our favorite restaurant.  Eating light today so probably won't get their Easter meal.  Kind of in the mood for salad today!  I  am liking  having Easter a day early.  It gives me a chance today to reflect on why it is my favorite day of the year.  

Have Wonderful EASTER EVERYONE !!!!

Respected Contributor

Celebrating at my daughter’s this year. Have Easter baskets ready for the little ones, and we’ll have a big egg hunt. It should be warm enough this year. It’s snowed before on a few of our egg hunts!

I was asked to bring the spiral ham. Trying a new glaze using a jar of berry pepper jelly as the base with brown sugar and orange juice. The jelly has raspberries, cranberries, and mild jalapeños (just a hint) with orange zest as an ingredient so I think this will be delish. I used the jelly on a ham sandwich one day and it was so good, so decided it would make a good glaze too. Will warm and glaze, let it rest and repeat. 

Wishing everyone a lovely day however you spend it.

Esteemed Contributor

Our delicious dessert todaySmiley Happy20190421_131931.jpg

Respected Contributor

Maybe pizza since that's what I gave up for Lent.