Honored Contributor

What's on the Menu for Easter?

Since I am alone, I purchased Cook's ham steak.  My side dishes are fresh sweet potatoes candied, white & yellow corn kernels, mashed potatoes and small salad with Hawaiian rolls.  I was invited out but I am not in the mood.  How about you?  What's on your menu?  Have a blessed Easter.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: What's on the Menu for Easter?

I love the Cook's ham steak as well but I'm going to make chicken & dumplings.

Kids & grandkids are on a different schedule so this dish is easy to reheat.

Have a blessed Easter.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1.  You treat yourself very well.  Since I am alone and hate to cook, I'll bake a pizza I got at the deli yesterday and have fresh strawberries in yogurt for desert.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Girl, you crack me up.  The ham steak is so easy just cutting a piece and pan frying it.  The most work is with the fresh sweet potatoes but I only do this at certain holidays.  Happy Easter.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1.  I frequently buy those ham steaks too.  Had one recently which I prepared with canned sweet potatoes.  They make a good quick and easy meal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have no idea. Whatever I feel like making when dinner time rolls around. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 Wishing you a Blessed Easter.

Your dinner sounds tasty.

Changed it up from the normal at the last minute.

Crab legs, fettuccine with vodka sauce, asparagus and French bread.

Honored Contributor

I decided to skip the ham dinner this year.  We had ham & turkey for Christmas and Thanksgiving and I am just not feeling the ham thing.  I'm doing an Italian meal.  Chicken fettucini, rigatoni with Italian sausage, a salad, garlic bread.  I bought a platter of Easter cookies from the bakery but my daughter said we "absolutely must" have an Easter cake.  She's never known an Easter without a decoraed cake.  So, I dold her that she can bring the cake.  My other daughter is brinking wine and icecream.  

Esteemed Contributor

easter is just another sunday for me.....not a holiday....never was....

Honored Contributor

Image result for mini lemon flower tarts

We had ours today and these little tarts were made by my grandson's wife.  They were so yummy and I just loved the way they looked.  Our great-grandson made "bunny butt" cookies.  He is only 5 and was so proud of them.  We also had honey baked ham, potato casserole, green bean casserole, candied sweet potatoes, pickled eggs, corn, rolls, and I made a banana cream pie and a coconut cream pie. Yes, full of calories, I know. Everyone brought something so that always helps a lot.  I'm tired but it's a good tired!