Frequent Contributor

What prelit Christmas tree to purchase?

[ Edited ]

Today is free shipping  so I’d like to find the tree today. Could I get some suggestions from those who love their tree, either from here or elsewhere. I’m thinking 6’-71/2’.

Im wondering also  about the newer technology that allows for the user to change the color of the lights. 

Valued Contributor

Re: What prelit Christmas tree to purchase?

Funny I am thinking of a white tree but don't want to spend too much if you know what I mean.

Honored Contributor

I always recommend Vickerman, but I don't think this company uses the type of lighting you describe. I know it didn't last year.

Warn buyers about this lighting and too many reports they have problems with them. 

You might try Balsam Hill, as well, another high quality, realistic tree.

Esteemed Contributor

I second Balsam Hill.   After two pre lit trees lights only lasting a couple of years (by other companies) I was so disheartened by the cheap craftsmanship with those lights that I donated them and went with a beautiful BH tree (without lights) Just in case!!!!

Respected Contributor

I purchased a Santa's Best tree from QVC.  It did have the light change capability from multi to white and then twinkle or steady.  It was a 9 foot and cost a little over $600.  It was a beautiful tree....for the first year.  Nothing but problems after that.  I won't buy another Santa Best or any other tree from QVC.  I have a wreath, garland and swag from Bethlehem lights and think the amount of lights are stingy.  I have two trees from Home Depot.  A 7 foot that has either choice of white or multi lights that we paid $70.  Year after year, it works.  Also got a 12 foot tree from Home Depot for a little over $100 and it's just as beautiful (that one is only white lights).

Respected Contributor

Got my tree from costco.  It's nice enough for me as I consider the orniments more important.  The colour changing is only from colours to clear but that's fine too.  Don't need fifty functions. Maybe I would if I didn't decorate it.  ONE THING I WOULD INSIST ON FOR MY NEXT TREE IS A SOCKET ON THE TREE TO PLUG IN A TREE TOPPER.   It takes a bit of doing to thread an extension cord through the tree to have a lighted top.   Hope you find a tree you fancy!

Frequent Contributor

Thank you to all who responded. I definitely learned some things and I will look into Vickermans. I've seen this the Balsam Hill catalogue and thought it looked promising. I will give up my idea of the changing  light option. I'm looking for longevity with this tree!

Honored Contributor

@DonnaE 

In all my years purchasing various brands of pre-lit trees I found that they last about 3 yrs on average....  The best I found at a good price was from Home Depot---it was a Martha Stewart 7.5 ft, light in pole and had the ability to switch from white to multi-color lights..... 🎄

The more technology, the quicker the lights seem to stop working Woman Frustrated...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I decorate with multiple trees in multiple rooms. Here are my choices for our home:

Balsam Hill

Behtlehem Lights

Vickerman

Santa's Best

Santa's Best trees give you all the lighting choices that you describe. 

Vickerman has multple choices in size and color and shape of tree.

Balsam Hill  is very nice. 

Behtlehem Lights has a nice mutli color light and a plug at the top of tree (if needed).

Hope this helps with your shopping.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

When we moved 2 years ago we didn't bring our tree that we'd had for 15 years.   Our first year, we'd just moved in to our house so didn't bother with Xmas decorating.

So last year we decided to go looking for an artificial tree.  I spent hours looking online and in stores and was about to give up when I went online and saw one at Walmart that looked promising.

So we hopped in the car and they had one left , on sale and it was what we wanted.   I think it's 61/2 or 7 feet, lightly flocked, pre lit.

We put it in the corner , decorated it with our ornaments from traveling and living around the world and it is perfect in size and shape.  I think we paid around $60-70 for it.

CB308333-DCDD-40E8-8DCA-7414EE4EF6CD.jpeg