Honored Contributor

Re: What is your favorite thing(s) about Fall?

Autumn leaves, crisp air, Fall fashion, carving pumpkins, great candles, Halloween, Thanksgiving and much more.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Living in a Beach Town on the East Coast is full of Summer Fun...but after a full Summer of my very young grandkids here every week (about 4 days a week), going in and out of the pool and Bay, towels never ending, fishing, cooking more meals than I can count, and everything else that goes with Summer ..we need some time to just catch up and do what we want to do.

The weather is still warm during the day but cool at night so the AC isn't running every day, less cooking, and more relaxing and enjoying our home and surroundings .

Kids grow so quickly..We love having them here and wouldn't have it any other way.

My DD is a teacher so she is here with them and SIL now works from home so he also spends a lot of time here in the Summer.

I have to say that there are more people here this Fall than in previous years. Working from home has a lot to do with that.

I just wish Fall lasted till Spring..I absolutely hate Winter.

Honored Contributor

Nothing.   

West Virginia is a beautiful place year round, and Fall can be especially colorful.   However, colors fade fast with arrival of cooler temperatures and rain showers, which then takes us into our long, dark winters.  

Esteemed Contributor

First day of Florida fall actually brings less humidity, but it won't last

Esteemed Contributor

Colorful leaves

Mums and pumpkins

Cool mornings and evenings

Geese flying in formation overhead

Fall town fairs

Holidays are coming

Cozy sweaters 

Honored Contributor

The weather (the current temp here is 53 degrees at 4 pm PNW), time to wear sweaters, the colorful autum leaves, time to start making soup again.  

Respected Contributor

My favorite things about Fall are that we are no longer in summer, even if you couldn't tell without looking at a calendar...... And hurricane season.will be done in approximately 2 months.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Fewer days of extreme HEAT...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Beautifully and vibrantly colored leaves. 

And indian summer (fingers crossed it comes this year)

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

Nothing.   

West Virginia is a beautiful place year round, and Fall can be especially colorful.   However, colors fade fast with arrival of cooler temperatures and rain showers, which then takes us into our long, dark winters.  

@RedTop   Thanks for that memory.  I attended college is West Virginia.  It was beautiful in the fall.