Honored Contributor

Re: What is the 'best' Christmas music?

I'm still partial to Burt Ives rendition of "Holly Jolly Christmas."

And I own, and still play, the QVC dual CD from some years back with songs performed by various hosts.  It's really quite nice.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I have a CD made for me by a friend of piano music.  I usually play that in the background when I have company during the holidays. 

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas music. My favorite all time Christmas cd is...Hanson Snowed In. Great music & really fun. 2 songs that I would like not to hear any more, I'm sorry, Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer & Blue Christmas. Other than that I like most anything.

Honored Contributor

Johnny Mathis !

Enough said ! LOL

Super Contributor

i listen to all kinds of artist' Christmas music old and new. But no one will ever beat Elvis Presley EVER!!!!!

Super Contributor

I'm into the oldies so anything Perry Como, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis and can't forget Sinatra. Heart

Honored Contributor

I love it all, but Manheim Steamroller and TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA is my favorite.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ncascade wrote:

Just found the Sting one. It is called "If on a Winter's Night". And then by accident I found "Street Carols"which is mix of many groups. "You're my Christmas Present"--very romantic. Just remembered Darlene Love and "Baby,please come home". It is played as an intro piece in "Gremlins". Altho I think it is in the Phil Specter Christmas album.

We have a Cassette tape with Darlene Love singing, NOBODY OUGHTA BE ALONE AT CHRISTMAS for Home Alone movie (second one I think). 

YES, there's so many good ones. I like Il Divo and IlVolo. Have Vince Gill and Jackie Evancho, The Gaither Vocal Band, We have Carpenter's, and a number of the ones from the 50's! Love the tradition of the season too. Oh, and Nat King Cole and Andy Williams and Johnny Mathis! Ok, don't get me started, LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the Time Life collection (the original collection, I think there was a second collection released that was not as great).

image.png

I also like The Carpenters Christmas Portrait.

image.png

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

My holiday cd collection is varied, depending on my mood. 

My favorites are 2 cds I picked up at Disneyworld. I don't know if it exists anymore, but back in the 90's, there was a Christmas shop at the Disney Marketplace that had this large standing music box, $1000's of dollars. It was always playing Christmas music, and I bought the cds of that music.

My other favorite cd is December Snow by the Moody Blues. I'm a lifelong fan of their music, and I play this one when I'm melancholy. 

Then I have several Mannheim Steamroller, Trans-Siberian Orch., Charlie Brown, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, other choirs etc.