Respected Contributor

Re: What is Your Favorite Christmas Collectible?

[ Edited ]

I sold most of my Christmas collections.  I once had Dept. 56 North Pole, Norman Rockwell Santas and Dept. 56 Twelve Days of Christmas.  

The only collections I still have are a few Lladro, Madame Alexander dolls, Lenox angels, Beeleck pieces and two Fitz and Floyd.  I sold the Royal Daltons a couple years ago and gave my daughters a few of the Lladro.  

Some of the things came from my mother and others I purchased.

Honored Contributor

I guess we have to define what constitutes a collection, but many say three or more is considered a collection.

I used to collect Old World Santas, and Snowmen. Had quite of few of each.

I came to the conclusion several years ago, that I had too many of both, and wasn't really into having so many repeats of the same thing/theme. I got rid of most of them, and kept just a couple of each that I thought were the most timeless. And I try to vary the way the are displayed and grouped with other things each year.

In the last several years, I have come to like the gold and cream/white version of nutcracker/soldiers. I got the great big one here, the Lisa Roberston porcelain ones a few years ago, and some wooden ones to flank the curio on the floor. They all coordinate in colors and in style (no mean faces), and I don't intend to get any more. 

So any 'collections' of something (except candles and lanterns) for me now, will be just a few of each.

@Regal Bee

The picture you posted at the beginning of this thread, in my opinion is just right. If a room or space is small, this gives nod to the season/holiday, and is just enough. 

I've been working to not feel the need to decorate every single surface, but let vignettes like the one you show here, stand out and draw the attention in the room without over crowding. 

I plan to sell a lot of holiday things late this fall, as I will list them on some FB garage sale sites just before holiday decorating begins. 

I really like what I have, but have just too much, and it is starting to take the joy out of it, just the work and space it is all taking to keep it. 

Respected Contributor

I would say Joan Rivers Russian egg ornaments. I can’t remember when I started, will have to check the date on them when I decorate the tree this year. Probably have been collecting them about 10 years+. I missed out on them one year, and passed on one collection because I only liked 2 of the 4 eggs. But I have a lot.

I guess I inadvertently collect snowmen too. It started with a favorite ceramic snowman my mom made. Latest addition last year was a collection of Thomas Kinkade snowmen.
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
I would say Joan Rivers Russian egg ornaments. I can’t remember when I started, will have to check the date on them when I decorate the tree this year. Probably have been collecting them about 10 years+. I missed out on them one year, and passed on one collection because I only liked 2 of the 4 eggs. But I have a lot.

I guess I inadvertently collect snowmen too. It started with a favorite ceramic snowman my mom made. Latest addition last year was a collection of Thomas Kinkade snowmen.

@crazycockermom

Where have you been!!!!!???

Was hoping to see you posting more here with CIJ coming up!

I'm pretty overloaded with Christmas decor, but I'll be here all month just to watch and see what others are into this upcoming season.

Hope you and the pups are all well, and check in when you can! I miss your photos and journey of getting your beautiful fireplace decorated. 

Respected Contributor

My Christmas decorations are mainly in blue, white and silver.  I heard a while back on HGTV when they used to do celebs' homes that it is a good idea to stick with one or two main colors for holiday decor.

That being said, I love my Snow Buddies !!   Although they are now hard to find, I have a lot of them (some are not really Snow Buddies, but look the same).  My house is mainly grey, black and navy, so they really match too!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

The magi. I like to put them around the house and every day move them closer to the "you know what".

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

@Mominohio
I have been so busy! I still have a few pieces of Easter decor out!! Me and the six pups are great. In fact, the four cockers got groomed Saturday, then I took them to visit my dad for an early Father’s Day.

I can’t believe CIJ is almost here. Where has the year gone?? I will be around here more during that time. I am just going to be very selective though about any purchases. I have more than enough!

I really appreciated all the input regarding decorating my fireplace. I am pretty pleased with my staple pieces, change the rest up a little every now and then. I still have some bunnies (from Jill Bauer’s show) among the lanterns. Lol

Thank you for thinking of me. Hope you are well too!!

Honored Contributor

I love everything I have from the Annalee Christmas dolls, reindeer, gingerbread and flameless candles in this theme, Fairy garden, angels, paper houses, and ornaments, hundred and hundreds, most replicas of the vintage, and quite a lot of vintage, little trees, Dept 56 Snow Village,flameless candles and pillar holders and lanterns, snowmen, Santas, birds, lit globes, canvas, and all of the faux florals, wreaths, garlands, rings, and on and on, 

Honored Contributor

My Jim Shore Angels--and Rudolph pieces....

14963338_1714951188826255_4189619960354334327_n.jpg

14992021_1714951055492935_6792574593614282723_n.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Hallmark ornaments, deer and trees. Can't seem to resist those.