Honored Contributor

Re: What is Your Favorite Christmas Collectible?

haha-I was going to add trees too!

Then thought, well I might as well say -Christmas-I just love every single thing about it!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

My hand painted Christmas ornaments.  I do love my handmade Santas but they're too expensive to have many.  Then display room for a large item is a chore as well.

DSCN0463.JPG

DSCN0469.JPG

Respected Contributor

I love the old world Santas with the fabric robes. I have eight of them and they are beautiful. I also collect snow babies and The New England Village.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

I love the old world Santas with the fabric robes. I have eight of them and they are beautiful. I also collect snow babies and The New England Village.

@KitlynnWe'd LOVE to see a picture.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't have a holiday collectible other than the many sets of holiday china I own.  I was thinking just the other day that I probably need to pass some of the holiday china on to my girls.  Of course, they won't want it, but I think they will enjoy later on when they have children.  And if not, they can sell or donate their set.

Respected Contributor

Well, during last year's after Christmas sales I bought about 10 of the large Santas with fabric clothing and different themes. It all started because I wanted a "wine" Santa for my bar area. Then I saw so many nice ones I had to have them. So I guess you could say I collect them now!

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I have a favorite -- I have a few collectibles throughout the house that I love.  They range from Santas, to snowmen, to trees.  However, I do have a few vintage inspired ornaments that I love.  I seem to be getting more and more of those each year and I just love them.  They remind me of something my grandparents would have had.

Contributor

Hallmark ornaments......been collection for close to 40 years

Valued Contributor

Swarovski snowflake ornaments and Swarovski globes.  I have enough to do a whole tree just with Swarovski ornaments and icicles.  

Respected Contributor

Icicles.  I started with Icicles when I got my first cat.  after my tinsel warning went unheeded by my family. ( only about 4 hours from when they put it on and I took it off.) She ended up almost needing surgery to get rid of the tinsel she'd eaten.  I have spun glass, blown glass, drawn glass, pressed glass, plastic, ceramic, metal, rolled pressed paper, you name it. I'm always on the lookout for unusual icicles.